Fintech Product Manager
Oper is Europe's leading cloud-based digital mortgage software provider on a mission to create a world-class mortgage experience for borrowers and lenders. With operations in 5 EU countries, we serve a diverse clientele of lenders and mortgage intermediaries, backed by top-tier investors and leading fintech accelerators. Our mission is to reduce borrower anxiety and we do so through three interconnected products: a user-friendly mortgage application tool, a guidance tool for loan advisors, and a mortgage API enabling banks to integrate our core infrastructure with their products.
As a Product Manager at Oper, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the future of home purchasing in Europe. We're looking for an ambitious and action-oriented product manager to take full ownership of building the best online mortgage application product in the Europe. You will own the discovery, design, development, and distribution of our Borrower Portal, and help thousands of home buyers purchase their dream home.
This role might be a good fit for you if:
- You are highly ambitious, dedicated to creating exceptional products, and taking extreme ownership over customer outcomes.
- You are always looking for 10x ways to increase your impact, you’re a fast learner, and always on the look out for constructive feedback.
- You’re highly critical, data-driven and think from first principles. At the same time you know when to move fast, and don’t get stuck in intellectual exercises.
- Moving fast energizes you, and you’re happy to wear multiple hats to get the job done fast.
This role might NOT be a good fit for you if:
- You prefer a highly structured and predictable work environment.
- Analyzing every detail before taking action is your default approach.
- Independence and ambiguity make you uncomfortable.
- You enjoy meticulously planning your work and don’t like changes.
What you will bring
We’re more interested in your attitude and potential than years of experience. If you don’t tick all the boxes but can convince us you’re the best person to build the future of European mortgages, please apply! Ideally:
- You have 2-7 years of product management experience in a fast-paced environment, preferably in a (fintech) startup.
- You’re highly adept at working with product designers, developers, and whoever else you need to design, validate, build, ship, and sell high quality digital products. You know how to craft a product strategy to guide your high-level decisions.
- You know how to allocate resources on the highest value opportunities and can back up your decisions with data.
- Being interested in the European mortgage market
- You dabble in software engineering
- You speak other European languages like French, Dutch, Polish, Czech, Hungarian, or German.
We are a young and fast-growing company with a strong ambition to change an old and slow-changing industry. To achieve this, we’re building a stellar team where people will be challenged and can learn and grow.
You will work with a high level of autonomy. On top of having the freedom to creatively make an impact, you’ll be surrounded by an open team that is motivated to support you along the way.
We like to laugh, play games & do sports together. In the Oper international team, you’ll be exposed to a close-knit diverse set of minds, you will have a chance to learn new things and share your knowledge, and meet amazing people and cultures.
There is a lot of room for career path development and a lot of opportunities to travel.
Our hybrid-remote setup with offices in Brussels and Zürich allows us to cater to every individual lifestyle by allowing some team members to work from our offices and others to work fully remote.
Our financial offer will be based on the market standards for early employees in a young (Fin)Tech Company (Michael Page / Glassdoor benchmarked) and will include extralegal benefits based on the legal framework of your location.
Inclusive at our core
Oper is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Every application will be considered without attention to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other applicable statuses.