Clinical Psychotherapist (licensed in CA)
Options MD | Psychotherapist
Options MD is looking for a part-time or full-time therapist licensed in CA to treat patients remotely on our platform.
Why work at Options MD?
At Options MD, we recognize that therapists do their best work when they are able to treat patients in a supportive work environment. We strive to provide the autonomy and flexibility that comes with private practice with the collegiality and administrative perks of a group practice. You will be part of a team of therapists, psychiatrists and care coordinators that are passionate about improving the lives of our patients and changing the standard of care for patients everywhere.
- 100% Remote position
- Dedicated Care Coordinator removes the administrative burden
- Work on a team: collaborate and consult with our therapists through our consult channel and cases conferences
- Work alongside our psychiatrists to easily coordinate interdisciplinary care.
- Thorough intake process so that you see the right types of patients
- Digital assessment tools make it easy to track patient progress
- Be one of the early team members in a startup with opportunities for advancement
- Full/part-time opportunities
- Flexibility: choose your own hours
- Health, dental, vision insurance plans
- 4 weeks PTO + 11 paid holidays
- Malpractice included
- CME stipend
Options MD is a virtual mental health platform designed to improve the standard of care for patients with depression through clinical care, care coordination, community, technology, and research. The founders, Morgan Hewett (former Facebook) and Kyle Pierce (a health-tech attorney), are two best friends who banded together after watching family members spend $300k+ in unsuccessful treatments for severe depression. They founded Options MD with the goal of getting patients with depression evidence-based treatment efficiently and effectively.
- Provide assessments and individual psychotherapy through our virtual platform
- Coordinate patient care across an interdisciplinary team that consist of psychiatrists and care coordinators
- Provide crisis intervention when indicated
- Complete all necessary clinical documentation in an accurate and timely manner
- Flag pertinent clinical information (i.e., potential medication side effects, social determinants of health) for follow-up by an appropriate team member.
The Team Member
All Options MD team members are expected to consistently demonstrate our values of integrity, compassion, respect, diversity, teamwork, excellence, and innovation in their work activities and interactions.
You Absolutely Have:
- Doctorate in Psychology (PhD or PsyD) or Master’s Degree in related field (LMHC, LMFT LCSW, etc)
- Ability to practice independently without a supervisor
- License to practice in CA
- Minimum of 5 years of post-degree experience in psychotherapy
- Expertise in cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Comfort working with high acuity patients with suicidal ideation
You Preferably Have:
- Training in other modes of psychotherapy useful for patients with depression and trauma
- Experience delivering care virtually (i.e., video visits)
- Experience working with interdisciplinary teams