Software Engineer (Full Stack)
We are seeking an exceptional full-stack software developer to join our growing team at Optivolt. As a full-stack Software Engineer, you will be responsible for building and maintaining our website, solar sales tools, mobile apps, and telemetry platform. You will also be involved in maintaining the systems after deployment and ensuring software quality assurance/testing is integrated throughout the software development lifecycle.
The ideal candidate is:
- Experienced with full-stack development, building scalable web applications from inception to deployment
- Proficient with React, HTML5, CSS, and Python
- Experienced with cloud infrastructure such as AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Familiar with Next.js or other server-side rendering frameworks
- Comfortable working with databases such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, or MongoDB
- Passionate about building high-quality, well-tested code and comfortable with code reviews
- Strong problem-solving skills and able to take ownership of projects and deliver results
- Comfortable working in an agile environment and collaborating with cross-functional teams
Bonus points for:
- Exposure to Rust or other systems programming languages
- Experience building telemetry or monitoring interfaces
- Experience with mobile app development
- Familiarity with Mixpanel or other analytics platforms
- Playing with GPT and/or other LLM tools to build stuff
Are you worried that you don’t check all the boxes? Apply anyway! There are no perfect candidates— we hire people, not resumés. Take a look at the responsibilities listed below, and see if you think it’s a fit.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to design, build, and maintain the Optivolt website, sales & marketing tools, and user-facing telemetry platform
- Writing clean, efficient, and well-documented code
- Building scalable and performant applications with a focus on user experience
- Participating in code reviews and giving feedback to other team members
- Ensuring software quality assurance/testing is integrated throughout the software development lifecycle
- Maintaining systems after deployment, including identifying and fixing bugs, monitoring performance, and making updates as needed
- Staying up-to-date with emerging trends and technologies in web development and solar energy industries
Optivolt is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe in hiring folks from any and every background and lived experience–not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because it makes our team stronger. Folks of all genders who are Black, Indigenous, people of color, queer, trans, non-binary, disabled, parents, are/have been system-impacted, immigrants, and anyone who has experienced systemic oppression are encouraged to apply.
Something looks off?