We are looking for a fast-learning developer & tinkerer to help us build resilient, sustainable energy for humans! You will lead development of software tools to accelerate the work of hardware and software engineers with a particular focus on diagnostic tools and custom test stations to streamline functional and reliability testing of Optivolt 100W and Optivolt Home products in the lab.
The ideal candidate is:
- Ready to take serious ownership at a fast growing early-stage startup
- A software developer with exposure to different tech stacks with 2 or more years of professional experience
- Experienced with scripting for test equipment and/or LabView
- Experienced with developing cross platform applications
- Experienced with deploying software (cloud and local), CI/CD, and basic DevOps tasks
- Comfortable self-managing (with support) and knows their way around an agile workflow
- Proficient in Python
Bonus points for:
- Familiarity with embedded systems
Are you worried that you don’t check all the boxes? Apply anyway! There are no perfect candidates— we hire people, not resumés. Take a look at the responsibilities listed below, and see if you think it’s a fit.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Leading development and maintenance of software that is used to run product and part testing, with a focus on functional electronics testing
- Leading development of automated testing systems for different types of power electronics
- Deploying and maintaining test software systems
- Designing and refining incoming and outgoing manufacturing QC tests, and ensuring the tests are implemented correctly by manufacturing partners
- Working with the firmware team to design software driven tests
- Leading creation of training documentation for test systems and test software
- Performing code review of peers
- Occasionally supporting development of software across roles
- Participating in design and development meetings
Optivolt is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe in hiring folks from any and every background and lived experience–not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because it makes our team stronger. Folks of all genders who are Black, Indigenous, people of color, queer, trans, non-binary, disabled, parents, are/have been system-impacted, immigrants, and anyone who has experienced systemic oppression are encouraged to apply.