Director of Marketing
With a vision for a bustling in-space economy that can support permanent jobs in space, Orbit Fab is building the fundamental infrastructure this entire economy can be built upon: a fuel supply in orbit.
Today, satellites cannot be refueled. A single-use paradigm severely limits satellite mobility and holds back the development of economic activities in space. Orbit Fab is building the first Gas Stations in Space™ refueling infrastructure. We develop the supply chain architecture and technology to deliver propellant in space, allowing satellites to be built for lower cost, to be more flexible and maneuverable, to be more precisely controlled, and to operate longer, enabling operations and business models that have never before been imagined..
Established in 2018, we have already flown three tankers to space; with the first one flown within one year of founding. Working closely with partners and customers across the space industry, we are making the thriving in-space economy a reality.
We are creating the in-orbit infrastructure needed to get humans into space, starting with the first in-orbit propellant depot. Everyone here is building that. So will you. You will be responsible for the entire Marketing efforts. You will own the marketing budget and help build and support a team around yourself including tasking the founders of the company on marketing needs. Being the voice of the company, you will drive the industry to move towards a bustling in-space economy refueling through your marketing.
- You are passionate about communicating well and you want to help us translate business needs into creative material.
- Create marketing bundles for Orbit Fab products
- Prepare product specification sheets and customer materials
- Assist in organizing product launches and strategy for Orbit Fab products.
- You are interested in space and can work independently to grow a social media presence and promote press materials.
- Maintain a company social media presence (targeting investors & customers) (set engagements and total follower targets)
- Understand, track, and respond to marketing metrics
- You have a demonstrated passion for developing and creating a wide variety of marketing and business development products — social media, graphic design, marketing materials
- video production experience is a plus
- You share our appreciation for a diversity of thoughts, backgrounds and experiences, helping us all learn from each other and make smarter decisions.
- You are passionate about sharing what you know and mentoring younger co-workers
- You are a US citizen or lawful permanent resident of the United States to ensure compliance with US export control laws
- You have demonstrated the ability to create designs that make others take notice.
- You value creativity, and balance it with attention to detail and quality
- A love of writing is a must!
- Write, lead, and execute press releases and PR strategy
- Past experience or willingness to build long-term relationships with media sources
If you feel you would succeed in the role above, we encourage you to apply regardless of whether or not you meet all of the requirements listed.
The estimated salary range for this position is $95,000-130,000
Location and Benefits
Orbit Fab is based out of Lafayette, Colorado and all roles are based in Colorado. We offer fully covered benefits and flexible work hours.
To conform to US Government space technology export regulations, applicants must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US, protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorization from the US Department of State.
Orbit Fab Inc does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, Orbit Fab is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID variants pose in the workplace. To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Orbit Fab employees including new hires.