Director, Solutions Consulting
- Attract, hire, manage, coach, and develop employees to ensure teams are high-performing.
- Drive changes to ensure the team is structured effectively to provide proactive and reactive support to customers.
- Create a team environment that sustains a highly motivated group working to achieve common objectives together.
- Participate in team-building and company-growth activities including strategy setting, sales training, marketing efforts, and customer care
- Manage team members with a high level of measurement and accountability
- Develop and execute methods to learn from losses and celebrate wins
Sales activity and oversight
- Drive customer success, sales methodology, and sales success in support of exceptional quarterly and annual sales achievement. Ensure successful delivery of POCs and guided technical validation efforts.
- Support Solutions Consultants and sales reps on all sales activities including needs analysis, data review, product demonstrations, and other general sales support as a player/coach.
- Close business with accounts of all sizes, and develop relationships with key customers.
- Communicate effectively with sales, management, customers, and support staff.
- Travel to customer locations in the territory to support sales efforts
- Meet with Sales and Sales/Revenue operations leaders to consult with them on how Outreach’s platform can best support the growth of their business.
- Be a partner to the Sales VP and leaders aligned to the Enterprise segment to help define territory strategy, sales execution, and team execution
Industry and platform knowledge
- Keep abreast of sales trends to increase your credibility in the industry e.g. going to industry events, subscribing to blogs/podcasts, reading books, and researching case studies. Learn about the experiences other customers have with Outreach to apply these successes and learnings to conversations. Become a solution expert - platform features, value, and use cases
- Understand the sales technology and consulting ecosystem to best position Outreach’s value within the ecosystem
- Understand the common business processes and challenges of enterprise sales teams to be able to execute, grow and coach a team that can articulate Outreach’s platform value in the context of those common business problems
- Reflect on successes and failures, and make improvements to your ways of working as a result.
- Work cross-functionally to drive visibility and collaboration for process improvement
Our Vision of You - Role Experience
- You will have built, retained, and developed a Solutions Consulting team of between 5-10 Solutions Consultants selling a multifaceted platform to a range of personas
- You will thrive in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment with changing priorities
- Your primary focus will be selling the value of the Outreach Platform to new and existing customers, securing large transformational deals reaching into 7 and 8 figures
- You have 5+ years of leading a high-performing PreSales Solution Consulting team (remote/field resources), including both transactional sales and strategic selling
- 7+ years as a PreSales Solution Consultant with a demonstrated track record of success working in the field on opportunities yourself.
- You will have experience selling a technology that compliments and integrates with CRM (e.g. Sales Engagement, Forecasting, Marketing Automation, Account Based Marketing)
- You will be fully comfortable and confident talking about data models, functional requirements, addressing a range of stakeholders, and positioning value in sales cycles
- You will know the pains and challenges and objectives of the personas we sell into (CRO, CFO, CIO, RevOps)
- You will be comfortable with and knowledgeable in the modern tech stack of high-performance sales teams and what ‘good’ looks like and be able to hold a detailed and passionate conversation on this
Selling knowledge and expertise
- You are knowledgeable in best practice sales processes, methodologies, and technologies.
- You have experience in team selling with multiple overlapping roles that collaborate and communicate constantly to push the deal forward and win as a village, but you’re also used to blurring the lines and doing what is needed to do what is right for the customer and for Outreach
- You use this knowledge to manage a combination of high-volume transactional business, enterprise selling, and solution selling
- You’re a proven collaborator who can liaise with all levels and departments within an organization
- You are constantly on the lookout for the best talent to bring onboard and come with a network within the space we are in and know great talent from good talent
- You understand and are experienced in career coaching, performance management, in change management and are able to navigate difficult conversations with grace and compassion
- You know when to flag situations / escalate to leadership
Communication and organization
- You are methodical and able to multitask and prioritize well in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
- You are pragmatic and goal-oriented, with a bias for action over planning, with the ability to pivot and bring others with you
- You have strong interpersonal communication skills, both written and oral, able to influence others and negotiate effectively
Something looks off?