Our success is reliant on building teams that include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can elevate assumptions and ideas with fresh perspectives. We're dedicated to hiring the whole human, not just a resume. To that end, we look for a diverse pool of applicants-including those from historically marginalized groups. We would like to invite you to apply even if you don't think you meet all of the requirements listed below. We don't want a few lines in a job description to get between us and the opportunity to meet you.
About the Team
At Outreach we are proud to have a world-class culture that attracts, develops, engages and retains the best talent there is. To do this, we are looking for an entrepreneurial and results-driven Manager, Business Development. You have led a demand generation and pipeline development team for a software organization. You’re someone who’s not afraid to roll up your sleeves, be in the trenches, and be hands on but are equally adept at leading and developing a high-performing team. Before anything else, we look for people who exemplify our cultural core values: Play Full Out, Operate from a Mindset of Abundance, Win Impeccably, Elevate the Customer, Rally the Culture.
The Manager, Sales Development will be responsible for driving continued success at the top of the funnel for Outreach. The Manager, Sales Development focuses on: (1) Leading a team of 6/8 SDRs to create qualified opportunities for the sales team, (2) Train other members of the SDR team, and (3) take on operational and administrative tasks to help the SDR team perform and exceed expectations. You are a source of knowledge and best practices amongst the SDRs and help to train, onboard, and mentor new SDRs with the help of the Sales Development Enablement team.
The ideal candidate has a proven history of coaching Sales Development Representatives to exceed their monthly, quarterly and annual meeting & pipeline quotas. Your background exemplifies demonstrated success in building camaraderie and community across the team and the entire Business Development organization.
This is a hybrid position where it is required to be in our London office in Shoreditch at least 4x times per week.
Your Daily Adventures Will Include:
- Work with senior leadership to build on our existing lead generation and pipeline development strategies to improve efficiency across the sales organization
- Hire, lead and mentor fantastic sales talent to qualify, nurture and deliver leads to our Sales Executive team
- Cultivate and maintain a culture of perpetual coaching, routine enablement, and servant leadership
- Set and communicate clear objectives for individual team members - and hold the team to them
- Motivate individuals and team to exceed objectives through coaching, regular broadcast of results and creative incentives
- Utilize SFDC & Outreach email and call metrics/reports to improve sales performance
- Recruit, develop and retain exceptional talent
- Successfully partnering with marketing to create a plan to generate and drive inbound activity.
Our Vision of You:
- 2+ years in Software sales as an IC & manager; experience managing a Business Development team in a fast-paced, highly competitive software sales environment
- A history of consistently performing above team quota and being able to forecast accurately
- Effectively lead teams with right combination of data and strong personal leadership
- Experience working in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Strong Salesforce skills and experience using Outreach highly preferred
- Passionate about training and developing a team
- Exceptional presentation, prospecting and value discovery skills with the ability to book quality meetings
- Consistent track record of identifying team needs and successfully implementing solutions
Why You’ll Love It Here
● Highly competitive salary
● Amazing open area working space with a gorgeous rooftop in the heart of Shoreditch
● Hybrid working policy
● Dog friendly office
● 25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
● Outreach contributes with monthly contribution towards your pension
● Private medical care for employee and spouse/family with Program Health Plus
● Cashplan is offered through Medicash to help offset out of pocket medical related expenses
● Dental coverage
● Life insurance at 4x annual salary
● 16 weeks of annual top up maternity leave pay or 8 weeks of fully paid paternity leave
● Upon return to work from parental leave, parents will receive a stipend to use for night doula support, which is to be used in the first six months after birth
● Opportunity to be part of company success via equity program
● Company-organised and personal paid volunteer days to support the community that supports us
● Diversity and inclusion programs that promote employee resource groups like OWN (Outreach Women’s Network), AAPI, Rainbow (LGBTQIA+), Gender+, LatinX, OBX (Outreach Black Excellence), Disability Community, and Veterans
● Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the team
● Fun company and team outings because we play just as hard as we work