Strategic Account Executive
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Wednesday, December 6, 2023
Our success is reliant on building teams that include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can elevate assumptions and ideas with fresh perspectives. We're dedicated to hiring the whole human, not just a resume. To that end, we look for a diverse pool of applicants-including those from historically marginalized groups. We would like to invite you to apply even if you don't think you meet all of the requirements listed below. We don't want a few lines in a job description to get between us and the opportunity to meet you.
About the Team
Strategic Account Executives partner with our potential customers who have 10,000 and over employees. We are product experts and ambassadors for Outreach. We build deep knowledge and understanding of our customers' goals and pain points to enable them to have the insights to create & close pipeline through the Outreach Sales Execution Platform.
We enjoy learning new sales trends & methodologies, going to industry events, subscribing to blogs/podcasts, reading books, and researching case studies so we can grow together. As a team, we work closely together to champion our customers, share success stories, celebrate our wins, and share goals.
As a Strategic Account Executive, you will be responsible for the success of your assigned book of business. You will manage complex deal cycles from creating to closing pipeline with our new and existing customers. You will be responsible for leading the entire sales cycle from research to prospecting, to advising, negotiating contracts, and closing deals. You will provide technical assistance, successfully navigate a proof of concept, and guide our customers to change management. As a Strategic Account Executive, you will be accountable for developing a plan, using the MEDDPICC sales methodology that will lead to successfully exceeding your territory goals.
Location: Open to major cities in the United States. This role will be remote with travel when needed to prospects and customer events.
Your Daily Adventures Will Include
- Complete account management which includes; account planning and strategy, pipeline management, and opportunity qualification using MEDDPICC Sales Methodology.
- Researching and educating yourself on your prospects and what problems Outreach can solve.
- Create and execute on an account plan that maps out creating pipeline to prospect.
- Lead Discovery Calls that unlock Economic Buyer, Business and Technical Success Criteria, Inefficiencies in their sales funnel, key behavioral changes and aligned outcomes that allow you to demonstrate a tailored solution to the key outcomes they are working to achieve.
- Partner with others on the Outreach team to drive and close business (including SDRs, VC, SC, Marketing (ABM), finance, and leadership).
- Negotiate contracts with cross-functional teams including C-Suite, Finance, Procurement, etc.
- Once landed customers, successfully continue and build relationships to expand to additional users within the company.
- Experience in selling disruptive complex product solutions into large Enterprise companies
- Understanding the latest research, prospecting and messaging tools to prepare yourself for your customer conversations
- Ability to persevere in managing long sales cycles 9 plus months while consistently prospecting and building relationships while exceeding goals.
- Expert-level pipeline management by proven success in customer evaluation, lead generation, heavy prospecting, solutions selling, contract negotiation, and closing customers using the MEDDPICC Sales Methodology
- Experience selling into accounts top-down
- Proven success in closing deals at or above $250k with the mindset of closing bigger deals and the entire platform
- Ability to communicate, build trusting relationships and partner/ influence multiple C-Suite level executives (CRO, CFO, CTO, COO Procurement, etc.) to help them with their business goals getting them to predictable ROI.
- Proven ability to build positive relationships and influence customers by helping them to solve their problems by bringing solutions that will change how they work and impact customer ROI.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to be personable yet persistent while knowing your audience
- Strong understanding of financial metrics and customer RIO
- The ability to hold yourself accountable by solving problems and embracing feedback while learning in a high-paced sales environment
- 8 years or more of sales experience in an entrepreneurial SaaS environment
- 5 plus years of experience selling into large enterprise companies of 5,000 or more employees
Compensation for this role is comprised of a base salary and a variable component, ranging between $266,000 - $350,000. You may also be offered incentive compensation, restricted stock units, and benefits. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. We have a location-based compensation structure; there may be a different range for candidates in other locations.
#LI-JR1 #LI-remote 12.5.23
Why You’ll Love It Here
• Generous medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and their dependents
• Flexible time off
• 401k to help you save for the future
• Company-organized and personal paid volunteer days to support the community that supports us
• Fun company and team outings (or virtual events these days!) because we play just as hard as we work
• Diversity and inclusion programs that promote employee resource groups like OWN (Outreach Women's Network), AAPI, Rainbow (LGBTQIA+), Gender+, LatinX, Black Excellence, Disability Community, and Veterans
• A parental leave program that includes not just extended time off but options for a paid night nurse, gradual return to work, and the Gottman Institute's Bringing Home Baby course for new parents
• Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the team
• Plus, unlimited snacks and beverages in our kitchen
• We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status