Staff Software Engineer (Back-end, GO and RoR) - Prague, Czechia
Posted on Friday, January 5, 2024
Our success is reliant on building teams that include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can elevate assumptions and ideas with fresh perspectives. We're dedicated to hiring the whole human, not just a resume. To that end, we look for a diverse pool of applicants-including those from historically marginalized groups. We would like to invite you to apply even if you don't think you meet all of the requirements listed below. We don't want a few lines in a job description to get between us and the opportunity to meet you.
About the Team
The mission of the Email + Calendar Services team is to deliver the microservice constellation to support Outreach's email and calendar experience all the way through. From the compose to smart scheduling, send, telemetry and sync back to platform. Our team is processing literally millions of emails every day.
The team focuses on building reliable and performant services that connect Outreach to Customers’ email providers to send, sync and analyze email and calendar communication. This enables our customers to communicate and turns the millions of emails sent into valuable insights to help progress deals forward efficiently and effectively.
The team also supports the Email and Calendar Experiences team to provide ways to create, manage and organize content used in communications.
We are looking for an additional experienced, seasoned (senior level) back-end software engineer to join us; you would deep-dive on challenging technical problems, build scalable solutions and identify performance bottlenecks, iterate quickly and deliver incremental value and thrive in a collaborative team environment.
Your engagement would usually start with requirements clarification with the product manager or our partners. You will have the opportunity to put the best of your ideas to the design and prove your coding skills in actual implementation. We primarily use micro-services written in GO on the back-end. However, we have legacy code in Ruby on Rails and you might encounter TypeScript too. We have data stores built on MySQL, PostgreSQL and various NoSQL databases like AWS DynamoDB. We are transitioning our data loading layer to use GraphQL.
While we are remote-friendly, we remain an "office-centric" company.
Your Daily Adventures Will Include
- Building applications in a modern web stack. We primarily use Go language for our next gen applications. However, we have as well some Ruby on Rails apps. We have data stores built on MySQL, PostgreSQL and various NoSQL databases like AWS DynamoDB. For async processing we mostly use Kafka and RabbitMQ. We are transitioning our data loading layer to use GraphQL
- Identifying the critical details and prioritise incremental delivery
- Designing and delivering great solutions with deep focus on scalability and the performance
- Responding to changing requirements efficiently and responsibly
- Helping us build customer trust by keeping the quality bar high and delivering well tested code
- Breaking-down existing systems using a SOA approach
- Owning features all the way through
- Quickly start contributing
Our Vision of You
- Demonstrated experience with building distributed systems with a cloud service-oriented architecture
- Great communications skills
- Experience building and consuming web based APIs
- Familiar with continuous deployment environments
- Go above and beyond to help your team
- Knowledge of Go or Ruby is a plus
- You embody our core values: we are hungry craftspeople, we have grit, we are honest, we take ownership, we have each other’s back no matter what, we’re one with our customers, and we find strength in diversity and inclusion
Why You’ll Love It Here
● Highly competitive salary
● Amazing working space with a running track on its roof
● Flexible time off, 5 weeks of vacation, and 5 annual sick days
● 4% employer supplemental pension monthly contribution
● Private medical care for employee and spouse with Program Health Plus
● Life insurance at 2x annual salary
● 5.000 CZK monthly allowance for meal vouchers, flexipasses and other personal expenses
● 16 weeks of annual top up maternity leave pay or 8 weeks of fully paid paternity leave
● Opportunity to be part of company success via the RSU program
● Company-organized and personal paid volunteer days to support the community that supports us
● Relocation package - support offered for foreign future employees and their families relocating to Prague
● Diversity and inclusion programs that promote employee resource groups like OWN (Outreach Women's Network), AAPI, Rainbow (LGBTQIA+), Gender+, LatinX, Black Excellence, Disability Community, and Veterans
● Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the team
● Fun company and team outings because we play just as hard as we work