Commercial Sales Manager, Growth
Sales & Business Development
Atlanta, GA, USA
Posted on Saturday, February 3, 2024
Our success is reliant on building teams that include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can elevate assumptions and ideas with fresh perspectives. We're dedicated to hiring the whole human, not just a resume. To that end, we look for a diverse pool of applicants-including those from historically marginalized groups. We would like to invite you to apply even if you don't think you meet all of the requirements listed below. We don't want a few lines in a job description to get between us and the opportunity to meet you.
About the Team
Our Account Executive, Commercial, Growth team is responsible for managing the deal cycles from generation to close for our existing customers in our Commercial space (20-1,000 Employees). Additionally, the Commercial Growth Account Executive also manages renewals with assistance from our Customer Success teams.
You will lead a team of 6 - 8 Account Executive sellers. In this role, you will enable AE’s success through regular deal coaching, mentorship, and executive alignment. You’ll help AEs establish senior points of contact within their book to drive account health and upsell.
At Outreach, we win as a team. You’ll partner with cross functional teams such as Solutions Consultants and Customer Success Managers who are on deck to help the Commercial AE team be successful.
The Commercial AE team focuses on value selling to ensure we’re building an effective business case throughout the sales process that demonstrates an undeniable ROI. You’ll partner with your leadership peers to refine and implement our processes.
About the Role
As a Sales Manager, Commercial, Growth, you will teach AE’s how to act as the CEO of their business and enable them to successfully execute a territory plan and exceed quota. You will enable sellers to execute a sales process, which requires understanding their prospects' needs and pains, and alignment on bespoke account plans to address the goals of each account.
Location: Atlanta or New York
This team is a hybrid model and will require 2 days in the office and travel to customers.
Your Daily Adventures Will Include
- Contribute to our winning environment by facilitating a culture of self development and accountability. We protect the number at Outreach and leaders do everything they can to achieve it.
- Teach AE’s how to build and manage a territory plan that builds a path to quota achievement
- Drive prospect accountability. Our AE’s prospect their own pipeline by leveraging the Outreach platform. You will teach AE’s how to prioritize their time so they can execute tasks including daily research, cold calling, sending email campaigns. AEs leverage tools such as 6Sense, ZoomInfo and LinkedIn.
- Train AEs to lead strong discovery calls where they identify the pain and needs of senior executives (CEO, CRO, CFO, CMO, VP of Sales Operations)
- Enable AE’s to articulate how the Outreach platform’s will solve customer pains, through demoing and value proposition
- Coach AE’s to maintain deal momentum with a typical 30-60 day sales cycle
- Identify risk within deals by using the MEDDPIC methodology and work with your team, internal partners and executives to mitigate those risks
- Forecast deals and team attainment using Outreach’s forecast methodology
Our Vision of You
- 2+ years of outstanding results leading team(s) at sales organizations, delivering current customer growth
- Experience leading teams focused on customer expansion & retention
- Results-driven coach, mentor and role model who manages and develops best-in-class talent and drives team results through collaboration and individual performance improvement
- Consistent track record of leading teams to achieve sales targets
- History of leading teams that drive significant portion of their own pipeline
- Experience in a closing role prior to assuming leadership responsibilities
- Experience managing existing customers and their renewals
- Experience leading teams in a solutions sale that requires multiple stakeholder signoff before purchase
- Experience helping teams develop business cases and ROI documentation
- Experience leveraging Salesforce.com , Outreach.io, ZoomInfo, LinkedIn and 6Sense
Join our dynamic team and be a part of our journey to revolutionize the Sales landscape with our innovative Sales Execution solutions. If you are a passionate and driven sales leader with a knack for enterprise sales, we want to hear from you!
Compensation for this role is comprised of a base salary and a variable component, ranging between $200,000 - $280,000. You may also be offered incentive compensation, restricted stock units, and benefits. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. We have a location-based compensation structure; there may be a different range for candidates in other locations.
Why You’ll Love It Here
• Generous medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and their dependents
• Flexible time off
• 401k to help you save for the future
• Company-organized and personal paid volunteer days to support the community that supports us
• Fun company and team outings (or virtual events these days!) because we play just as hard as we work
• Diversity and inclusion programs that promote employee resource groups like OWN (Outreach Women's Network), AAPI, Rainbow (LGBTQIA+), Gender+, LatinX, Black Excellence, Disability Community, and Veterans
• A parental leave program that includes not just extended time off but options for a paid night nurse, gradual return to work, and the Gottman Institute's Bringing Home Baby course for new parents
• Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the team
• Plus, unlimited snacks and beverages in our kitchen
• We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status