Senior Account Executive, Mid Enterprise
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Tuesday, February 6, 2024
Our success is reliant on building teams that include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can elevate assumptions and ideas with fresh perspectives. We're dedicated to hiring the whole human, not just a resume. To that end, we look for a diverse pool of applicants-including those from historically marginalized groups. We would like to invite you to apply even if you don't think you meet all of the requirements listed below. We don't want a few lines in a job description to get between us and the opportunity to meet you.
About the Team
Our Enterprise Account Executive team partners with our potential customers that have 1,000 - 5,000 employees. They are responsible for managing the full deal cycles from generating opportunities to closing prospective customers. We are product experts and ambassadors for Outreach. We build deep knowledge and understanding of our customers' goals and pain points to enable them to have the insights to Create & Close pipeline through the Outreach Sales Execution Platform.
We enjoy learning new sales trends & methodologies, going to industry events, subscribing to blogs/podcasts, reading books, and researching case studies so we can grow together. We work closely together to champion our customers, share success stories, celebrate our wins, and share goals.
Overview of The Role
The primary purpose of a Senior Account Executive at Outreach is to manage complex, full-life cycle sales strategy for new accounts. You are responsible for leading the entire sales cycle including researching, prospecting, advising, negotiating contracts, and closing deals. You are accountable for developing account plans, using the MEDDPICC sales methodology to lead to successful building of new business to achieve your territory goals. You are able to identify and deeply understand a prospect’s needs, pains, and desired business outcomes to build an effective business case that demonstrates ROI and value proposition of the Outreach platform. You will partner with other members of the go-to-market team, such as Solution Consultants, to successfully navigate proof of concept demos to prospective clients. Your primary points of contact at prospective new customers are above the line contacts (CRO, COO, CEO, CFO, and CISO). Key performance indicators include quota attainment, pipeline generation and coverage, and forecast quality and accuracy.
Up to 60% of overnight travel to customers is required
Your Daily Adventures
- Identify, research, and qualify potential new customers in your assigned territory.
- Build effective pipeline coverage to achieve your sales targets and goals.
- Forecast deals appropriately and accurately using Outreach’s forecast methodology.
- Develop and deliver on account plans, using MEDDPICC Sales Methodology, to strategically increase new revenue for Outreach.
- Conduct effective discovery calls to identify and unlock business challenges that Outreach solves.
- Demonstrate how the Outreach platform provides a tailored solution to a prospect’s key outcomes they are trying to achieve.
- Partner effectively with internal resources to drive and close business, effectively navigating team members across go-to-market, as well as finance and leadership.
- Negotiate contracts with cross-functional teams including C-suite, finance, procurement, and technical teams.
- Understand prospect’s needs to develop accurate scoping and success criteria to position a successful implementation.
- Provide smooth account transition once landed to professional services and account management teams for future adoption and expansion opportunities.
- Operate with high integrity while adhering to internal processes and sales methodologies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- At least five years of sales lifecycle management experience, preferably in a SaaS environment
- Proven experience in selling disruptive, complex solutions into medium to large organizations
- Proven experience in selling into accounts through a top down executive motion
- Ability to manage and navigate long sales cycles up to 6 months with contract values up to $200k
- Ability to build and cultivate strong, trusting relationships and partnerships, both internally and externally
- Knowledge of the MEDDPICC Sales Methodology and experience applying and using this framework for successful sales
- Strong pipeline management skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to tailor messaging appropriately for the audience
- Executive presence and interpersonal skills
- Strong business and financial acumen to be able to showcase metrics and potential ROI
- Team player with a high sense of drive and initiative to keep opportunities moving forward to create a winning culture
Compensation for this role is a mix of a base salary and a variable component. The total compensation will range between $190,000 - $250,000. You may also be offered incentive compensation, restricted stock units, and benefits. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the size of the book of business being managed, candidate's skills, and qualifications. We have a location-based compensation structure; there may be a different range for candidates in other locations.
Why You’ll Love It Here
• Generous medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and their dependents
• Flexible time off
• 401k to help you save for the future
• Company-organized and personal paid volunteer days to support the community that supports us
• Fun company and team outings (or virtual events these days!) because we play just as hard as we work
• Diversity and inclusion programs that promote employee resource groups like OWN (Outreach Women's Network), AAPI, Rainbow (LGBTQIA+), Gender+, LatinX, Black Excellence, Disability Community, and Veterans
• A parental leave program that includes not just extended time off but options for a paid night nurse, gradual return to work, and the Gottman Institute's Bringing Home Baby course for new parents
• Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the team
• Plus, unlimited snacks and beverages in our kitchen
• We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status