Enterprise Sales Director
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Wednesday, February 7, 2024
Our success is reliant on building teams that include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can elevate assumptions and ideas with fresh perspectives. We're dedicated to hiring the whole human, not just a resume. To that end, we look for a diverse pool of applicants-including those from historically marginalized groups. We would like to invite you to apply even if you don't think you meet all of the requirements listed below. We don't want a few lines in a job description to get between us and the opportunity to meet you.
We are product experts and ambassadors for Outreach. We build deep knowledge and understanding of our customers' goals and pain points to enable them to have the insights to Create & Close pipeline through the Outreach Sales Execution Platform.
About the Role:
As a Sales Leader at Outreach, you will be responsible for driving new logo revenue on our enterprise sales team. You will lead a team of 6-8 Account Executives selling to large companies of 1,000 - 5,000 employees. You will play a key role in developing and executing the company's sales strategy, building strong customer relationships, and achieving ambitious sales targets. The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker, a strong leader, and a skilled communicator with a proven track record of success in enterprise sales. This person will be a hands-on leader and exceptional coach at all times.
Location: This position requires travel to customer locations and will need to reside near a large city hub.
- Sales Leadership: Provide strategic direction, mentorship, and guidance to the sales team. Set clear sales targets and objectives and ensure they are achieved and exceeded. Foster a high-performance culture and motivate the team to deliver exceptional results.
- Hands-on Leadership: Actively participate in sales strategy sessions, customer calls, meetings, and negotiations, demonstrating expertise and providing guidance to the sales team. Lead by example and take an active role in generating and closing key customer deals, leveraging your experience and industry knowledge to drive successful outcomes.
- Sales Strategy and Execution: Collaborate with the executive team to develop and implement a comprehensive sales strategy aligned with the company's growth objectives. Drive the execution of the sales plan, identify new business opportunities, and expand the company's presence in the enterprise market.
- Team Management and Culture: Recruit, train, and onboard new sales team members. Drive a high performing sales culture through ongoing coaching, performance feedback, and professional development opportunities. Foster collaboration, teamwork, and knowledge sharing within the sales team.
- Key Account Management: Develop and maintain relationships with key enterprise customers to drive retention and growth within the install base. Identify their business needs and challenges and propose tailored solutions to address them. Drive customer satisfaction and ensure long-term customer success.
- Sales Operations: Oversee the sales process from lead generation to deal closure. Collaborate with the marketing and product teams to develop effective sales collateral, presentations, and proposals. Utilize the Outreach platform, CRM systems and other sales tools to track sales activities, forecast revenue, and drive performance. Drive execution of the operating model and cadence to ensure business management accuracy and predictable success.
- Market Intelligence: Stay up-to-date with industry trends, competitor activities, and market dynamics. Leverage this knowledge to identify market opportunities, refine the sales strategy, and make informed recommendations to the executive team.
- Experience leading high performing Enterprise sales teams with a proven track record of success and attainment in enterprise sales
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to inspire and motivate a sales team
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to engage and influence key stakeholders
- Strategic thinker with the ability to develop and execute effective sales strategies
- Strong business acumen and understanding of enterprise customers' needs
- Experience managing and growing key accounts in a B2B environment
- Proficient in using CRM systems and other sales tools
- Self-motivated and results-oriented, with a strong drive for exceeding targets
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment
Join our dynamic team and be part of our journey to revolutionize the Sales landscape with our innovative Sales Execution solutions. If you are a passionate and driven sales leader with a knack for enterprise sales, we want to hear from you!
Compensation for this role is comprised of a base salary and a variable component, ranging between $255,000 - $435,000. You may also be offered incentive compensation, restricted stock units, and benefits. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. We have a location-based compensation structure; there may be a different range for candidates in other locations.
Why You’ll Love It Here
• Generous medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and their dependents
• Flexible time off
• 401k to help you save for the future
• Company-organized and personal paid volunteer days to support the community that supports us
• Fun company and team outings (or virtual events these days!) because we play just as hard as we work
• Diversity and inclusion programs that promote employee resource groups like OWN (Outreach Women's Network), AAPI, Rainbow (LGBTQIA+), Gender+, LatinX, Black Excellence, Disability Community, and Veterans
• A parental leave program that includes not just extended time off but options for a paid night nurse, gradual return to work, and the Gottman Institute's Bringing Home Baby course for new parents
• Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the team
• Plus, unlimited snacks and beverages in our kitchen
• We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status