Are you ready to dive into the world of a fast-paced tech startup? Are you ready to change the world? At PadSplit we're disrupting the affordable housing industry by creating safe, attractive, and respectable co-living environments. If you're motivated by the conviction that working people should have a decent place to live, and want to do something about it, come join us!
At PadSplit, our purpose is to solve our affordable housing crisis one room at a time while leveraging housing as a vehicle for financial independence. Our principles are Care, Show it, Prove it. We live out our principles by embodying our values: Empathy, Optimism, Intellectual Curiosity, Strong Work Ethic, High Integrity, Self-Awareness, and Compassionate Directness.
Learn more about PadSplit here
As a Tier 2 Member Support Advocate, you are a people person and a problem solver first. As a senior member of our Customer Experience Team, you will be responsible for solving the most complex customer support issues. You enjoy digging deep into problems and developing solutions. You’ll work on new problems daily and be challenged to think independently within a fast-paced startup environment. Ideal candidates are strong critical thinkers, comfortable working with autonomy and leading with empathy for our Members and their experience. If you want to solve challenging problems, continuously learn, work with people, and be part of a highly collaborative team, this role is for you!
- Deliver exceptional customer service to Members by resolving complex customer support escalations. Cases always require strong critical thinking and may relate to policies, web/mobile products, member issues, financials/refunds, disputes, and more. No two days are alike!
- Develop creative solutions to unique customer challenges
- Serve as the “face” of PadSplit to Members and help resolve their challenges with empathy for their experience
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of our web product and policies, which are constantly evolving as we grow; assist and educate Members on our platform and product offerings
- Identify common problems and escalate them, along with possible suggestions for improvement, wherever possible
- Serve as a voice of the customer and provide feedback on the customer experience
- Opportunities to own other special projects on the Customer Experience team
- High energy and ability to adapt to change in a fast-paced environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Critical thinker with the ability to solve complex problems
- Energized by customer interactions and speaking to new people
- Ability to balance empathy with being firm
- Strong computer skills, tech savviness, and ability to quickly learn new technology
- Able to learn new things and plug gaps to make things work
- Team player with a “can-do”, collaborative attitude
- 1-3 years of customer service, account management, training, or teaching experience with an excellent record of performance. B2C experience is a plus.
- Tech experience is a plus
- A real estate background is a plus
- Experience working in a startup or similar environment is a plus
Job Type: Seasonal
Benefits & Perks - US-Based Employees
Competitive compensation package + equity
Unlimited Paid Time Off
Work with a smart, diverse, mission-driven team
Comprehensive medical, dental & vision insurance
Make the world a better place
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
PadSplit is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org