5.2. Director of Strategic Sourcing
- Strategic Sourcing and Procurement:
- Lead the strategic sourcing and procurement of materials, equipment, and services necessary for our metals production and recovery operations.
- Develop, implement, and manage sourcing strategies to ensure a reliable, ethical, and sustainable supply chain.
- Vendor and Supplier Relationship Management:
- Establish, develop, and maintain strong relationships with suppliers and vendors, ensuring alignment with our quality, sustainability, and ethical standards.
- Negotiate contracts, terms, and conditions with suppliers to secure advantageous agreements.
- Operational Leadership:
- Oversee day-to-day supply chain operations including procurement, logistics, inventory management, and vendor management.
- Ensure operational processes are streamlined, compliant, and support the continuous flow of materials needed for production.
- Performance Monitoring and Optimization:
- Develop and implement supply chain KPIs to monitor performance, identify areas for improvement, and ensure supply chain objectives are met.
- Utilize data analytics tools to optimize sourcing strategies, reduce costs, and improve supplier performance.
- Inventory Management:
- Develop and implement inventory control strategies to optimize stock levels and reduce holding costs.
- Ensure accurate and efficient inventory tracking and reporting, utilizing SAP and NetSuite systems.
- Cross-functional Collaboration:
- Collaborate with production, engineering, and quality teams to ensure materials and equipment meet technical specifications and are delivered on time.
- Engage with cross-functional teams to drive continuous improvements across the supply chain.
- Team Leadership and Development:
- Lead, mentor, and develop a high-performing supply chain team, fostering a culture of excellence, collaboration, and continuous learning.
- Establish clear objectives, evaluate performance, and provide constructive feedback to team members.
- Industry Engagement and Compliance:
- Stay abreast of the latest sourcing strategies, supply chain management trends, technologies, and compliance requirements in the metals recovery industry.
- Ensure supply chain practices adhere to legal guidelines, environmental regulations, and industry standards.
- Educational Background: Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, or a related field.
- Experience: Minimum of 10 years of experience in supply chain management with a demonstrated focus on strategic sourcing and procurement, preferably in the metals recovery or related industries.
- Certifications: Certifications such as CSCP (Certified Supply Chain Professional) or CPSM (Certified Professional in Supply Management) are preferred.
- Technical Proficiency: Strong analytical skills with proficiency in supply chain software and data analytics tools.
- Leadership Skills: Proven leadership and team management skills, with the ability to inspire and develop a high-performing supply chain team.
- Communication Skills: Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively across various organizational levels.
We offer a competitive compensation package that is based on expertise. We also offer the following benefits:
- Healthcare, we care about you and your family: 100% Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing venture-backed company.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, and celebrations.
- Learning: Learning and development Opportunities to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with fun, hard-working, kind people committed to making a difference!
- Flexible culture: We are results-focused. We don’t work at the office every day.