3.3. EHS (Environmental, Health, Safety) Manager
- Develop, implement, and maintain comprehensive EHS programs to ensure compliance with local, state, and federal regulations and company policies.
- Lead and oversee all aspects of environmental management, including air quality, water quality, waste management, and sustainability initiatives.
- Establish safety protocols, conduct risk assessments, and promote a culture of safety across all company operations.
- Monitor and evaluate workplace hazards, conducting safety audits, incident investigations, and root cause analysis to prevent accidents and injuries.
- Provide expert guidance on EHS regulations and emerging industry trends to inform business decisions and strategy.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop and deliver EHS training programs for employees and contractors.
- Manage shipping and receiving operations, ensuring timely and efficient movement of materials and products.
- Oversee facilities management, including maintenance, security, and compliance with safety standards.
- Manage and report on EHS and facilities performance metrics to measure progress and identify areas for improvement.
- Ensure timely and accurate EHS reporting to regulatory agencies and support permitting processes.
- Foster a culture of environmental stewardship and sustainability, driving initiatives to reduce the company's environmental footprint.
- Participate in internal and external EHS audits, ensuring compliance with EHS and facilities standards and continuous improvement.
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Science, Occupational Health and Safety, Engineering, or a related field. Advanced degrees and certifications are advantageous.
- Minimum of 7-10 years of progressive experience in EHS management, shipping, receiving, and facilities management, preferably in the mining or industrial sector.
- Strong knowledge of environmental regulations, safety standards, and best practices in the mining industry.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement effective EHS programs and initiatives.
- Experience managing shipping, receiving, and facilities operations to support smooth and efficient operations.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills to engage employees at all levels and drive a safety-focused culture.
- Solid understanding of environmental management systems and sustainability practices.
- Proficiency in EHS and facilities reporting and recordkeeping to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Proven track record of successful collaboration with regulatory agencies and community stakeholders.
We offer a competitive compensation package that is based on expertise. We also offer the following benefits:
- Healthcare: 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing venture-backed company.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, annual retreats, and celebrations.
- Learning: Learning & Development Opportunities to grow your skills and career.
- Great Team: Working with fun, hard-working, kind people committed to making a difference!
- Flexible Culture: We are results-focused. We don’t work at the office every day.