4.2. Senior Electrometallurgical Scientist
- Spearhead the design, development, and optimization of electrometallurgical cells/systems for sustainable metal extraction, refining, and recovery.
- Conduct advanced electrometallurgical testing and characterization to identify performance-limiting factors and propose innovative solutions.
- Develop and implement testing protocols to evaluate the electrometallurgical performance and lifetime of various materials and systems in sustainable metals production contexts.
- Mentor and provide technical leadership to a team of electrometallurgists and technicians, fostering a culture of continuous learning and innovation.
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of scientists and engineers to accomplish project objectives, ensuring the electrometallurgical team’s alignment with overall project goals.
- Stay updated on recent advancements in the field of electrometallurgy, especially as it pertains to sustainable metals production, and propose innovative techniques and methodologies to enhance our projects.
- Work closely with material scientists to develop novel materials and to understand their performance relationships in electrometallurgical systems related to sustainable metals production.
- Lead efforts in writing patents, technical reports, and scholarly publications to disseminate findings and maintain Phoenix Tailings' technical standing in the field of electrometallurgy as applied to sustainable metals production.
- Contribute to project planning, budgeting, and resource allocation to ensure the timely and successful completion of project milestones, overseeing the electrometallurgical team’s deliverables.
- Maintain a safe, organized, and effective laboratory environment compliant with safety policies and guidelines, promoting safety awareness within the electrometallurgical team
- Ph.D. in Metallurgy, Electrochemistry, Materials Science, or a related field.
- A minimum of 5 years of postdoctoral industrial or research experience in electrometallurgy with a focus on sustainable metals production, with at least 2 years in a leadership or senior role.
- Strong understanding of electrometallurgical techniques as they pertain to sustainable metal extraction and refining.
- Proficiency in using electrometallurgical characterization tools and equipment.
- Proven experience in designing and optimizing electrometallurgical cells/systems for sustainable metals production.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with statistical analysis and design of experiments is a plus.
- Proficient in data analysis software such as Origin or equivalent
We offer a competitive compensation package that is based on expertise. We also offer the following benefits:
- Healthcare, we care about you and your family: 100% Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing venture-backed company.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, and celebrations.
- Learning: Learning and development Opportunities to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with fun, hard-working, kind people committed to making a difference!
- Flexible culture: We are results-focused. We don’t work at the office every day.