2.3. Engineering Technician
- Metallization Process Support: Assist in the setup, operation, and maintenance of metallization equipment and processes, such as sputtering, chemical vapor deposition (CVD), or thermal evaporation.
- Material Testing: Conduct various tests and experiments to evaluate the physical, mechanical, and chemical properties of metallic materials. This may include tensile testing, hardness testing, microscopy, and corrosion testing.
- Sample Preparation: Prepare metallic samples for testing and analysis, including cutting, polishing, and mounting.
- Quality Control: Monitor and ensure the quality and consistency of metallized products or materials. Identify and address any defects or deviations from specifications.
- Data Collection and Analysis: Record and analyze data from material testing and metallization processes. Generate reports and communicate findings to the engineering team.
- Equipment Maintenance: Perform routine maintenance and calibration of metallization equipment and tools. Coordinate equipment repairs when necessary.
- Safety and Compliance: Adhere to safety protocols and compliance standards in the handling of hazardous materials and operation of equipment.
- Documentation: Maintain accurate records and documentation of test results, procedures, and equipment maintenance.
- Inventory Management: Assist in managing inventory of metallization materials, chemicals, and supplies.
- Collaboration: Work collaboratively with engineers, metallurgists, and other team members to troubleshoot issues and improve processes.
- Associate's degree or diploma in a relevant field, such as materials science, metallurgy, or engineering technology.
- Hands-on experience with metallization processes and equipment.
- Proficiency in materials testing and characterization techniques.
- Knowledge of safety protocols and best practices in a laboratory or industrial setting.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Effective communication and teamwork abilities.
- Basic computer skills for data analysis and report generation.
- Additional Skills and Experience (Preferred):
- Previous experience in metallization or materials testing.
- Familiarity with various metallization techniques, such as physical vapor deposition (PVD) and chemical vapor deposition (CVD).
- Knowledge of quality control and statistical analysis.
- Experience with lab management software.
- Familiarity with relevant industry standards and regulations.
We offer a competitive compensation package that is based on expertise. We also offer the following benefits:
- Healthcare: 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing venture-backed company.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events and celebrations.
- Learning: Learning & Development Opportunities to grow your skills and career.
- Great Team: Working with fun, hard-working, kind people committed to making a difference!
- Flexible Culture: We are results-focused. We don’t work at the office every day.