2.5. Chemical Engineer I
Burlington, MA, USA
Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2024
About Phoenix Tailings
Phoenix Tailings is a rapidly growing clean mining and metals production startup dedicated to sustainable and economic critical metals production. Our mission is to be the world's first fully clean mining and metals production company, producing the resources needed for the next generation of our economy.
Why Phoenix Tailings
At Phoenix, we believe that nothing great is ever accomplished alone or without the passion of people who push and motivate one another. If you are someone who shares our relentless pursuit of a better future, passion for innovation, and are excited about working with some of the top innovators in the world, then this is the place for you.
● You are only crazy if you are wrong, it’s ok to be wrong
● Lead with Compassion
● Be Resourceful
Launch your chemical engineering career with cutting-edge rare earth separation technology!
We are seeking a talented and motivated Chemical Engineer I to join our dynamic team developing and optimizing solvent extraction processes for rare earth element recovery. You will have the opportunity to learn from experienced engineers, contribute to real-world projects, and play a key role in our mission to responsibly and efficiently extract these critical resources for the future of clean energy and advanced technologies.
- Assist with the design and optimization of solvent extraction processes for efficient and selective separation of rare earth elements.
- Conduct pilot-scale testing and collect data under the supervision of senior engineers.
- Assist with the analysis of data and implementation of strategies to improve process performance.
- Participate in detailed engineering of the solvent extraction system, including equipment selection and sizing, under the guidance of senior engineers.
- Collaborate with colleagues in the team, including chemists and equipment engineers, to learn about different aspects of the rare earth separation process.
- Assist with troubleshooting operational issues and identifying opportunities for process improvement.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest advancements in solvent extraction technology and rare earth element processing through independent research and training.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of technical documentation and reports.
- Follow and ensure adherence to safety protocols and environmental regulations within the solvent extraction operation.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Materials Engineering or a related field.
- 2+ years of experience in materials engineering within metals production or a related sector, particularly in high-temperature production environments.
- Familiarity with materials behavior under high-temperature conditions and its implications on metals production processes.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to analyze data, identify trends, and propose materials solutions that enhance production efficiency and sustainability.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
We offer a competitive compensation package that is based on expertise. We also offer the following benefits:
- Healthcare, we care about you and your family: 100% Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing venture-backed company.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, and celebrations.
- Learning: Learning & Development Opportunities to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with fun, hard-working, kind people committed to making a difference!
- Flexible culture: We are results-focused. We don’t work at the office every day.
At Phoenix Tailings, we have an open culture that values learning, and we are looking to grow the team with enthusiastic individuals who share our vision of sustainable mining.
Phoenix Tailings, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we value diversity at all levels. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), national origin, age, disability or genetic information, or any other applicable protected characteristics, and these characteristics will not be a factor for consideration of any work-related decisions (including but not limited to hiring, firing, compensation, and discipline).