Accounting & Finance
Burlington, MA, USA
Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2024
About Phoenix Tailings
Phoenix Tailings is a rapidly growing clean mining and metals production startup dedicated to sustainable and economic critical metals production. Our mission is to be the world's first fully clean mining and metals production company, producing the resources needed for the next generation of our economy.
Why Phoenix Tailings
At Phoenix, we believe that nothing great is ever accomplished alone or without the passion of people who push and motivate one another. If you are someone who shares our relentless pursuit of a better future, passion for innovation, and are excited about working with some of the top innovators in the world, then this is the place for you.
● You are only crazy if you are wrong, it’s ok to be wrong
● Lead with Compassion
● Be Resourceful
Champion financial integrity and drive strategic growth as the Controller of a dynamic company at the forefront of critical metals exploration and processing.
We are seeking a highly motivated and results-oriented Controller to join our dedicated finance team. You will play a pivotal role in overseeing all aspects of our financial operations, ensuring accurate financial reporting, optimizing internal controls, and providing insightful financial analysis to support strategic decision-making. With your strong accounting expertise and leadership skills, you will be instrumental in safeguarding our financial health and propelling our growth trajectory.
- Manage all financial operations: Lead the accounting team, overseeing daily accounting activities, accounts payable and receivable, payroll, general ledger maintenance, and financial reporting.
- Ensure accurate and timely financial reporting: Prepare and present accurate and compliant financial statements in accordance with GAAP and relevant regulatory requirements.
- Develop and implement robust internal controls: Establish and maintain effective internal controls to safeguard assets, mitigate risks, and ensure financial data integrity.
- Conduct comprehensive financial analysis: Analyze financial data, trends, and key metrics to provide valuable insights to management and support strategic decision-making.
- Manage budgeting and forecasting: Develop and monitor annual budgets and quarterly forecasts, identifying variances and implementing corrective actions as needed.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams: Partner effectively with engineers, geologists, operations personnel, and other departments to ensure financial considerations are integrated into business decisions.
- Liaise with external auditors: Work collaboratively with external auditors during the annual audit process, ensuring smooth completion and timely resolution of any inquiries.
- Stay informed on industry trends and regulations: Continuously research and stay abreast of evolving accounting standards, industry trends, and regulatory changes impacting the critical metals sector.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a senior accounting role, preferably within the mining, exploration, or related industries.
- Strong understanding of GAAP and relevant accounting principles.
- Proven track record of successfully managing a team, implementing internal controls, and ensuring accurate financial reporting.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify and address financial challenges.
- Strong communication, written, and verbal skills, with the ability to effectively communicate financial information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Collaborative and team-oriented mindset, with the ability to work effectively across diverse disciplines.
- Passion for the critical metals industry and commitment to responsible resource development.
We offer a competitive compensation package that is based on expertise. We also offer the following benefits:
- Healthcare, we care about you and your family: 100% Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing venture-backed company.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events and celebrations.
- Learning: Learning & Development Opportunities to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with fun, hard-working, kind people committed to making a difference!
- Flexible culture: We are results-focused. We don’t work at the office every day.
At Phoenix Tailings, we have an open culture that values learning, and we are looking to grow the team with enthusiastic individuals who share our vision of sustainable mining.
Phoenix Tailings, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we value diversity at all levels. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), national origin, age, disability or genetic information, or any other applicable protected characteristics, and these characteristics will not be a factor for consideration of any work-related decisions (including but not limited to hiring, firing, compensation, and discipline).