Project Manager (DoD Skillbridge)
This job posting is specific to the DoD’s Skillbridge program and is only open to personnel eligible to apply for a DoD Skillbridge program. Any rank, enlisted or officer, may apply for SkillBridge. SkillBridge permits you to use up to the last 180 days of service to train and learn with an industry partner. During SkillBridge participation, you continue to receive military compensation and you are covered by your military benefits. Release for SkillBridge is always mission-dependent, however, and your unit commander must authorize participation prior to entering into any agreement with interested industry employment partners. Individuals who are not eligible to participate in the Skillbridge program need not apply. Please visit the Skillbridge website here for additional information. Click here to view this position on the DoD Skillbridge website and search for "Pitch Aeronautics".
Pitch Aeronautics (www.pitchaero.com) is a rapidly growing startup creating game-changing solutions for the utility industry. Pitch has developed a drone to install our line sensor, bird diverters, and other equipment on power lines. Our drone-deployable line sensors wirelessly transmit environmental and line characteristics to an online secure API to help utilities push more power through existing lines, prevent wildfires, and improve grid reliability. We're looking for a project manager who can help execute on our growing list of contracts (both commercial and Government).
At Pitch we’ve fostered a collaborative, fun, “get-stuff-done” working environment. We believe in moving fast and creating products and prototypes rapidly. If you’re looking for a place where you can make a difference on day one, be empowered to achieve, and love working in small teams, we want to meet you!
Learn more about our company at:
-Our website: https://www.pitchaero.com/
-Our Linked-In posts: https://www.linkedin.com/company/11764600/
-Our Facebook posts: https://www.facebook.com/pitchaero
-Here's a video of our drone performing a sensor installation on an energized power line: https://youtu.be/S9F0jz4eqNY?feature=shared
This is a full-time, remote role for a Project Manager. The Project Manager is responsible for planning, executing, and overseeing projects from inception to completion. This role involves working closely with cross-functional teams to ensure that projects are delivered on time, within scope, and on budget, while meeting quality and stakeholder satisfaction objectives. Project Managers are essential for the successful execution of projects that are critical to our organization's growth and success.
- Lead engineering, product development and business projects for Pitch
- Own cost, schedule and performance of a variety of internal and external projects
- External stakeholder management, including current and future business development partners and clients
- Relevant experience in project management
- Demonstrated leadership of cross-functional teams
- Ability to take ownership of projects and operate independently with minimal direction
- Ability to drive teams in accomplishing critical project and business outcomes
- Experience leading technical engineering or product development teams
- Experience with requirements management
- Experience decomposing contractual and technical requirements into project plans and schedules
- Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulation
- Experience as a Government Acquisition Officer/Program Manager