Sensors Specialist (EO/IR)
Pixxel is a space data company building a health monitor for our planet. We are doing that by deploying a constellation of some of the world's most advanced earth imaging satellites in lower earth orbit and an analytics platform (on ground) with tools that enable easy application of this data across a multitude of sectors. Our fully deployed constellation will be capable of beaming down daily imagery of any place on earth. This role will contribute towards the selection, integration of visible and IR sensors and sensor assemblies for Pixxel's high throughput space-based hyperspectral cameras.
If you love working at the cutting edge of technology and want to contribute towards making the world a better place by bringing down the benefits of space down to earth, this is the place for you.
- You will be responsible for coordinating activities relating to sensor selection, sensor readout and on-board image processing.
- You will be responsible for planning and conducting pre-launch (on ground) and post-launch (in space) camera calibration for Pixxel's hyperspectral cameras.
- You will be responsible for characterizing sensor quality metrics for Pixxel's space-borne hyperspectral cameras.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Electrical/Electronics Engineering (with a focus on imaging technologies) with 6+ years of relevant industry experience.
- Strong background in applied mathematics and semiconductor physics.
- Prior experience authoring camera electronics and/or image sensor specifications.
- Prior experience performing radiometric calibration on cameras.
- Experience with developing camera electronics architectures, focal plane arrays and concepts for for image sensor systems (especially space-based image sensor systems).
- Experience with digital image processing, especially writing image compression and target detection/tracking algorithms.
- Experience designing hardware-in-the-loop and software-in-the-loop test-beds for algorithm verification and camera calibration.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a strong command on Matlab & Simulink for writing image processing algorithms.
- Knowledge of high-speed/mixed-signal circuit design, display drivers and memory circuits.
- Knowledge of image sensor readout circuit design and optimization.
- Extensive understanding of current technological advancements in imaging sensor.
- Insurance covers for you and your family, free access to mental health professionals, paid sick leave and other benefits (vaccination drives, etc.).
- Reasonably flexible working hours.
- Get to work and regularly interact with some of the top scientists and professionals in space technology at Pixxel.
- Get exposure to the international space community and the chance to publish research on behalf of Pixxel.