Customer Support Specialist
PlayerData is on the hunt for a sport savvy, technically-minded team player to join our Customer Support team. We pride ourselves on our ability to understand the customer perspective and fulfil their needs quickly and efficiently so knowledge of field sports is a must. You must be organised and have high attention to detail and, ideally, have some experience (or be working towards a degree) in a sports related discipline such as Sports Science or Sports Management. Alternatively, you could be a marketing buff and be looking to get into Marketing, PR or Comms in the sport sector.
This is a shift-based role split between direct customer support and shipping. On support, you will cover our various support lines, providing direct support and helping to analyse data to our current customer base across the UK and Ireland and to our emerging customer base in the US. You will be responsible for reacting to issues and testing new features on behalf of the customer. The rest of your time will be spent in shipping - preparing and sending customer orders and getting the customer onboarded quickly and efficiently.
You will need to be a good problem solver and quick on your feet to be able to respond to queries and resolve issues as quickly as possible. Passion for sport and a knack with people are an absolute must in this role. You will be the customer’s main point of contact within the company.
- Answer support lines across live chat, phone, email, socials and provide technical help
- Diagnose and resolve issues with the customer
- Ensure clear communication with the customer and with the internal team
- Take detailed notes on tickets and write up new issues to be reported on
- Follow up on open tickets and ensure a positive customer experience
- Package and ship orders
- Onboard new customers
- Communicate customer feedback to the relevant team
- Smoke test new features
- Investigate any unusual data uploads
- Maintain a good relationship with Ops Engineering and Product Engineering Teams
- Opportunity to work on Sports Science projects during quiet shifts
- Have or be working towards a degree in sports science (or equivalent), marketing, or business (or have the equivalent experience through work and other commitments)
- Be an excellent communicator (written and verbal)
- Be proactive and have lots of initiative
- Be extremely organised
- Be tech savvy
- Be a teacher/coach to our customer base who need some extra training on GPS and/or new tech