Insurance Account Manager (Fitness)
At Players Health, we are on a mission to create the safest and most accessible environment for an athlete to play the sports that they love. This is not only our mission, but also our promise to sports. A promise we will not break. There are over 50 million youth athletes playing sports in the US and they are counting on us to ensure that the environment that they are coming into not only accepts them for who they are, but fills them with encouragement, love, inspiration, and so much more.
Players Health is a VC-backed, mission-driven, sports technology platform providing digital risk management services, reporting tools, and insurance products to sports organizations to comply with the changing athletic environment and responsibilities.
Our Core Values
We Cannot Achieve Our Mission Without Having a Strong Culture. We Believe That At The Core Of a Strong Culture Is a Shared Set Of Values. The Values That We Hold True And Look For Our Employees To Embrace Are As Follows
- Lead with Mission: Our mission always comes first. If we stay on mission as an organization then we believe we will be successful in our professional and personal lives.
- Results Driven: We're not satisfied with just "good enough" - we go above and beyond to achieve awesome results that impress and inspire.
- Operate like Owners: We believe in operational excellence. We take ownership of our work and approach every task with a sense of pride, responsibility, and commitment to excellence. We don't just rent our roles - we own them and strive to make a lasting impact.
- Virtue First: From the big decisions to the small details; honesty, integrity, and transparency are the bedrock of our culture and the foundation for everything we do.
- Service: We live to serve others with humility, empathy, and kindness. We put our customers, colleagues and community first, and always strive to exceed their expectations with a smile.
Candidates for the Insurance Account Manager (Fitness) role will come with 3+ years of experience as an account manager in insurance. This role reports to the VP, Markets & Service and is available to work remotely or hybrid near one of our two employee hubs, Minneapolis, MN or Dallas, TX, unless approved otherwise. Players Health is a remote-first distributed workforce. The Account Manager role has a compensation range of $50,000 - $75,000, depending on skills and experience.
You will be responsible for transacting insurance renewals, fostering client relationships, and ensuring the best client/customer experience. The role comes with a salary commensurate with experience.
You will join an organization going through significant growth as well as digital transformation. Instill a mindset of ownership and accountability with all managers and team members, providing a “playbook” for best practices – defining expectations to meet the vision and strategy for growth.
Responsibilities (are Inclusive Of But Not Limited To)
- Responding to customer inquiries via clients’ preferred communication of choice, email, telephone, or in person.
- Maintaining client relationships and where applicable identifying upselling and cross-selling opportunities for other Players Health products that the customer does not currently enjoy.
- Processing new business transactions and policy changes in the company portal or broker management system for digital advertisements.
- Reviewing policies and ensuring adequate coverage based on client’s individual needs.
- Resolving customer concerns and disputes
- Updating assigned producers’ sales opportunities in the customer relationship management system (Hubspot, Salesforce, Veruna).
- Responsible for reviewing renewals and determining if coverage is suitable or if any changes or upgrades should be offered.
- Administering daily client file activities for new and existing clients in a paperless environment.
- Contact insurance companies in a timely fashion for any late renewals, endorsements, or any other documentation as required.
- Process endorsements, new business, cancellations, and reinstatements.
- Represent the brokerage by participating in industry functions and trade shows.
- Self-starter who is comfortable taking initiative
- Ensure accurate and timely invoicing of clients, as well as following up on past due customer accounts
- Work within a brokerage team and cross-departmentally to continuously nurture intercompany collaboration and working relationships.
- Align with and embody our company core values (Mission, Operational Excellence, Results Drive, Service, Virtue First)
- Identify areas for continuous improvement of processes to increase operational excellence
- Demonstrate responsiveness and urgency to customers, as well as internal communication with colleagues within and across departments.
- Some travel required
- Other duties as assigned
- Currently holds a state insurance license and is in good standing Must have current insurance license:
- Current insurance license should be for Property & Casualty and/or Health & Life, or must attain additional necessary lines of coverage within 30 days of start date
- 3+ years of insurance experience is required
- 2+ years of experience as a licensed broker
- 2+ years experience working in an insurance brokerage
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with clients, both verbally and in writing
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills
- Maintains a positive attitude and is a team player
- Demonstrated analytical and decision-making abilities
- Demonstrated adaptability, resilience, and excitement about change
- Strong emotional intelligence skills.
- Demonstrated excellence in proactive verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict-resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Suite & 365) and Slack or related software and the ability to learn new technology
- Although not required, a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Insurance, Risk Management, or related field is a plus.
- Self-motivated, a “roll-up-your-sleeves” mindset, and able to thrive in a fast-paced, quickly changing environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated experience and/or ability to influence without authority
- A love of sports and a desire to keep athletes safe
- Demonstrated ability to build connections and rapport cross-departmentally
- Participant/involvement in or strong understanding of the youth/amateur sports landscape.
- Ability to travel occasionally for customer visits, team events, collaboration, engagement, conferences, or customer visits
- Must have a dedicated safe and secure remote work environment
- Must have the ability to work and be productive in a remote work environment
- Exceptionally self-motivated and ability to work autonomously
- Proactive communicator in all communication methods, including email (Outlook), verbal (in-person & phone), instant messaging (Slack & Teams)
- Willingness and ability to attend virtual meetings with camera on – we respect that there are times when employees may need to turn their camera off. We also have a great culture and want to engage with you! By regularly using cameras, we form connections and get to know each other, as well as promoting positive and respectful interactions amongst colleagues.
- Located in or willingness to work on Central or Eastern Time Zone
- Must be 18 or older
- Work location must be in the United States
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States