Senior Unity 3D Engineer
PlayQ is a rapidly growing global entertainment and technology company delivering high-quality mobile titles and innovative game development solutions to a worldwide audience. Our games have been downloaded more than 60 million times across the globe, with millions of users playing every day!
Our dedicated teams, based in downtown Santa Monica, CA, work together to craft the clever, visually stunning, and unforgettable experiences that our players love. Our emphasis on individual leadership means each team member has the opportunity to make a big impact, while our commitment to creative freedom gives them the ability to create whatever they can imagine.
It’s this mindset that has led us to develop our own IP, infuse games with rich storytelling, build our own development tools, and solve the deepest technical challenges - all in the name of disrupting the mobile gaming landscape.
Why you'll want to come to work:
Our Senior Unity3D Engineer role offers a unique opportunity to contribute to the development of our current and future mobile titles. As an integral part of our Engineering team, you will help extend our game development framework while also designing, implementing, and maintaining software systems and game features across multiple titles. You will work in close collaboration with, and provide technical guidance to, the Production, Art, Design, Product, and Quality Assurance teams. Our ideal candidate is a passionate programmer with strong coding fundamentals, extensive knowledge of technical stack, and the ability to decompose and accurately estimate tasks of any complexity based on personal experience and knowledge. You will develop and share best practices with our development teams and provide recommendations and implement changes for architecture and process improvements.
What you'll get to create:
- Design, develop, and maintain game modules using company technologies and architectural solution
- Work closely with product owners and other teams to identify and implement hight-quality technical solutions align with company objectives and strategies
- Support the maintenance and enhancement of existing games, troubleshooting issues and providing smooth game performance
- Develop and implement processes and procedures to ensure the quality and accuracy of code
- Mentor and support other engineers, sharing knowledge and skills to promote professional growth
- Bring technical expertise and passion for delivering innovative and engaging gaming experiences to our users, play a critical role in the company’s games success.
What you'll bring to the team:
- 6+ years of game development experience
- A high degree of autonomy and proven organizational skills
- Self-motivated with a great passion for mobile game development
- Extensive knowledge of Unity3D and C#/.NET Framework
- Understanding of architecture and peculiarities of mobile development
- Experience with iOS/Android development (Unity)
- Strong knowledge of code optimization
- Good network skills, familiarity of client-server applications development
- Ability to create architectural solutions that will scale for years
- Experience with other programming languages
- Demonstrated success in building and launching projects
- Fluency in English
If you gotten this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this role. Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people who believe in PlayQ's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways—not just candidates who check all the boxes.
What we can offer you:
- Remote Work Environment. This position offers the flexibility to work remotely. You’ll closely collaborate with our Ukrainian team and global teammates worldwide. Our flexible approach, internal comms, and tech stack promote collaboration, communication, and camaraderie!
- Comprehensive medical, dental insurance
- Unmatched learning opportunities and collaborative team
- Flexible time off
- Virtual team-building activities
- Conferences and continued learning
- Innovative and dynamic work environment
- Tremendous growth & career advancement opportunities
- Help build and support awesome GAMES. For a living! Who doesn’t love games?
Interested? Please get in touch!
Something looks off?