Senior Producer (Mobile Games) (Remote)
PlayQ is a rapidly growing global entertainment and technology company delivering high-quality mobile titles and innovative game development solutions to a worldwide audience. Our games have been downloaded more than 60 million times across the globe, with millions of users playing every day!
Our dedicated teams, based in downtown Santa Monica, CA, work together to craft the clever, visually stunning, and unforgettable experiences that our players love. Our emphasis on individual leadership means each team member has the opportunity to make a big impact, while our commitment to creative freedom gives them the ability to create whatever they can imagine.
It’s this mindset that has led us to develop our own IP, infuse games with rich storytelling, build our own development tools, and solve the deepest technical challenges - all in the name of disrupting the mobile gaming landscape.
Why you'll want to come to work:
Do you want to make your stamp in the mobile gaming industry by owning the successful delivery of our production goals across our top grossing mobile titles?
Our Senior Producer role offers the unique opportunity to take ownership of the execution of our game development. You will have the vision and expertise to understand and anticipate project concerns, schedule risks, and process issues, while empowering the team to deliver an outstanding experience of high quality, on budget, and on time. This role will work closely across various internal teams, including Design, Product, Art, QA & Engineering. Working with a cross-functional team, you will own the timely execution and quality of the product through the entire development cycle, influencing and affecting the product roadmap and monetization strategies.
Our ideal candidate has a passion for games, a solutions-oriented mindset and ability to be a thought leader while driving continuous improvement and collaboration across teams.
What you'll get to create:
- Manage game production from initiation through development to ensure effective cross-team collaboration and high quality, on-time deliveries
- Assemble, lead, and motivate a large team consisting of all aspects of game development; this person sets the example as a leader
- Establish and communicate clear quality goals to the greater team and schedule deadlines to ensure the final product is both outstanding and on time
- Connect with key stakeholders to understand and integrate into our current processes and methodically add value to them over time
- Expert in utilizing project management tools (e.g. JIRA, Google Sheets etc) to ensure transparency while providing providing ongoing suggestions for team optimizations
- Proactively identify production bottlenecks, issues and risks, and take appropriate steps to resolve and communicate difficulties which may impede on progress
- Lead and facilitate communication and discussion between team members and company leaders to ensure total team buy-in, informed decision-making, and development efficiency
- Confidence in advocating for the product and leading key decision-making
- Maintain, evolve and create up to date documentation and scheduling information by taking notes and disseminating information to the team
- Drive consensus on development schedules with all stakeholders, and manage those by highlighting task priorities, departmental interdependencies, resource issues and risks
- Know the product inside and out: art, design, tech, performance, data, live ops
- Host post mortems and leverage key takeaways to build and improve upon current workstreams
- Support, mentor, and help develop expertise in other producers
What you'll bring to the team:
- 5+ years of production or project management experience, preferably in mobile game industry
- Proven experience successfully producing and managing cross-functional development teams and resources while meeting quality and schedule goals
- Real-world experience managing multiple projects through all phases of production
- Expertise with various project management methodologies and tools (such as Agile, Scrum, Lean, Excel, Google Sheets, and the Confluence suite of tools)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to motivate your teammates and influence without authority
- Ability to confidently guide and partner with a variety of disciplines of varying levels of seniority
- Proven ability to work under deadlines and navigate high pressure situations with a sense of calm and a command of the facts
- Deep knowledge of various project management frameworks (Agile and Waterfall) and real-world experience leveraging them in a collaborative team setting
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Self-motivated with a strong desire to learn and stay up with industry changes and new technologies
- Technical expertise and/or former engineering experience
- Experience upholding product quality
If you gotten this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this role. Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people who believe in PlayQ's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways—not just candidates who check all the boxes.
What we can offer you:
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life, long term disability & pet insurance
- Flexible time off
- Unmatched learning opportunities and mission driven team
- Advancement and mentorship opportunities
- 401K plan with company match
- Flexible Workplace: PlayQ’s workplace includes a combination of both in-office, hybrid and remote roles. Our flexible approach to the workplace experience, internal comms, and tech stack promote collaboration, communication, and camaraderie!
- Brand new creative office space equipped with tons of natural light, communal areas for collaboration and free parking
- Walking distance to restaurants, coffee shops, and the metro
- Stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages
- Monthly team building events and cross departmental lunches
- Help build and support awesome GAMES. For a living! Who doesn't love games?
At PlayQ, we leverage competitive benchmarking data when setting each role’s base pay range. Individual base salary will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, scope of role, business need and geographic location.
The estimated base pay range for this role is listed below.
- In-office location: Santa Monica, CA
- This role is open to remote employees located in select US states including California, Washington, Nevada, Texas, Florida, Pennsylvania, New York.
- This role is offered as a full time position.
Something looks off?