Product Manager (Mobile Games) (Remote)
To capture the hearts and minds of millions of players across the world by creating unforgettable games powered by the best technology.
PlayQ is a rapidly growing global entertainment and technology company delivering high-quality mobile titles and innovative game development solutions to a worldwide audience. Our games have been downloaded more than 60 million times across the globe, with millions of users playing every day!
Our dedicated teams, based in downtown Santa Monica, CA, work together to craft the clever, visually stunning, and unforgettable experiences that our players love. Our emphasis on individual leadership means each team member has the opportunity to make a big impact, while our commitment to creative freedom gives them the ability to create whatever they can imagine.
It’s this mindset that has led us to develop our own IP, infuse games with rich storytelling, build our own development tools, and solve the deepest technical challenges - all in the name of disrupting the mobile gaming landscape.
Why you'll want to come to work:
PlayQ is looking for an ambitious and innovative Product Manager to help drive the performance of our world-class mobile titles. As a key member of the Product team, you will work closely with Design, Engineering, UA, Art and Data to build seamless product experiences that reach millions of players.
In this role, you will regularly design and deploy experiments, analyze and interpret data, deliver insights and make actionable recommendations that will shape our games and engage our global audience.
You would be a perfect match for this position if you thrive in a heavily collaborative and iterative environment, you are enthusiastic about leveraging data to solve problems and drive results and you are excited by the opportunity to make a visible impact on our games.
What you'll get to create:
- Feature Development, Experimentation, and Analysis
- Collaborate with data, design, and engineering on feature spec documents to facilitate effective collaboration among cross-functional teams and contribute to the successful delivery of high-quality features that meet user needs and business objectives
- Effectively manage multiple features simultaneously across different sprints to ensure timely delivery and prioritization of tasks
- Provide support to Production and Game Teams throughout the sprint from features inception to completion
- Use existing game data to tune features in order to maximize performance and create segmented experiences for different user cohorts
- Design experiments that drive measurable business value using a hypothesis-driven approach and execute them flawlessly
- Conduct various data analyses and create actionable recommendations that drive business value
- Driving and Managing Game Performance
- Oversee live-ops; define live event schedule, analyze performance, and ensure seamless execution of live events
- Manage the health of the in-game economy
- Define the strategy for and manage monetization (IAP and Ads) systems
- Product Roadmap and Strategy
- Identify areas of opportunity for improving KPIs, and help prioritize ideas to impact business goals
- Support the product leads in defining and iterating the direction and strategy of our mobile portfolio
- Develop Product Frameworks that effectively and efficiently support the execution and management of our games
- Conduct ongoing competitive analysis and keep up to date with gaming industry trends
What you'll bring to the team:
- B.S./B.A. degree from an accredited college/university
- 3-5+ years product management experience, preferably in mobile gaming
- 1+ years of experience managing a live game
- Experience successfully managing the development of multiple concurrent features
- Experience in designing impactful product features
- Deep knowledge of in learning Mobile Gaming KPIs and how to affect them
- Robust experience with data analysis
- Demonstrated experience in successfully planning, executing, and analyzing A/B tests to drive data-informed decisions and optimize product performance
- Ability to work cross-functionally with Design, Engineering, Art, and Data teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Impeccable organization skills
- Strong time management skills and ability to successfully hit deadlines
- Self-starter and motivated to work within a fast-paced environment
- Experience in Tableau or Looker, SQL/other querying languages
- Experience in an engineering role, and familiarity with game development
If you gotten this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this role. Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people who believe in PlayQ's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways—not just candidates who check all the boxes.
What we can offer you:
- Competitive compensation and equity options
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life, long term disability & pet insurance
- Flexible time off
- Unmatched learning opportunities and mission driven team
- Advancement and mentorship opportunities
- 401K plan with company match
- Flexible Workplace: PlayQ’s workplace includes a combination of both in-office, hybrid and remote roles. Our flexible approach to the workplace experience, internal comms, and tech stack promote collaboration, communication, and camaraderie!
- Brand new creative office space equipped with tons of natural light, communal areas for collaboration and free parking
- Walking distance to restaurants, coffee shops, and the metro
- Stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages
- Monthly team building events and cross departmental lunches
- Help build and support awesome GAMES. For a living! Who doesn't love games?
At PlayQ, we leverage competitive benchmarking data when setting each role’s base pay range. Individual base salary will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, scope of role, business need and geographic location.
The estimated base pay range for this role is listed below.
- In-office location: Santa Monica, CA
- This role is open to remote employees located in select US states including California, Washington, Nevada, Texas, Florida, Pennsylvania, New York and Georgia.
- This role is offered as a full time position.
Interested? Please get in touch!