Art Director, Creative Services (Remote)
To capture the hearts and minds of millions of players across the world by creating unforgettable games powered by the best technology.
PlayQ is a rapidly growing global entertainment and technology company delivering high-quality mobile titles and innovative game development solutions to a worldwide audience. Our games have been downloaded more than 60 million times across the globe, with millions of users playing every day!
Our dedicated teams, based in downtown Santa Monica, CA, work together to craft the clever, visually stunning, and unforgettable experiences that our players love. Our emphasis on individual leadership means each team member has the opportunity to make a big impact, while our commitment to creative freedom gives them the ability to create whatever they can imagine.
It’s this mindset that has led us to develop our own IP, infuse games with rich storytelling, build our own development tools, and solve the deepest technical challenges - all in the name of disrupting the mobile gaming landscape.
Why you'll want to come to work:
The Art Director role presents the opportunity to lead and manage our talented global Creative Services team to develop performant marketing assets that drive new players to install and engage in our global titles.
You will serve as the internal creative expert to consult and translate business priorities and strategic marketing briefs into high quality creative concepts in order to meet our performance goals. You will also work closely with the leaders of other cross-functional teams to align and execute on our creative vision.
In addition to leading day-to-day creative production, you will oversee a diverse set of projects and initiatives, including the development of new tools and processes to improve pipeline efficiencies, owning and communicating feedback and status to and from stakeholders, and proactively problem solving to meet creative output and performance goals.
The ideal candidate is a strong driver and motivator, who is able to direct a creative team to focus on priority projects, proactively evaluates new approaches and technologies, and excels in a results-driven, start-up environment.
What you'll get to create:
- Own the delivery of assets that meet company objectives and campaign briefs set by marketing team
- Set the artistic direction and visual tone for all projects ensuring alignment with company objectives
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to develop effective creative concepts that resonate with target audiences and overall campaign strategy
- Ensure creative assets are aligned with the overall brand strategy and messaging.
- Strike the balance between delivering high quality, unique creatives with simple and performant ads
- Manage a global team of artists and designers, provide artistic direction, and feedback on all deliverables, establish quality benchmarks, and uphold brand parameters
- Conduct ongoing competitive analysis and keep up to date with industry trends, tools and technologies (such as AI) to remain competitive and reduce development costs
- Initiate and track all production processes across the Creative Services Team and outside resources to make sure that project goals are completed on time and within budget
- Own feedback pipeline to ensure assets align with creative direction and communicate project updates with key stakeholders
- Identify and implement new techniques, workflows, tools, and technologies to drive quality and improve creative processes
- Proactively problem solve critical art workflows, identify production bottlenecks, issues and risks, and take appropriate steps to resolve difficulties which may impede progress
- Own asset management, create comprehensive library of creative components and learnings
What you'll bring to the team:
- 10+ years of experience guiding, developing and inspiring a high performing creative team within the mobile app space, gaming preferred
- Proven track record of translating brand strategies and business objectives into compelling creative visions and marketing assets
- Expert-level understanding of motion graphics and all components involved in producing a motion graphic-based piece of art
- Results driven leader with expertise in implementing strategies that enhance team productivity and creative output
- A desire to perform both strategic planning and daily execution and optimization of creative processes
- Ability to differentiate between the desire for highly creative, unique output and the need for performant deliverables
- Deep understanding of branding, creative storytelling, design aesthetics and software
- Expert-level understanding of the current mobile marketing landscape
- Ability to excel in a fast-moving environment and manage multiple priorities to meet project deadlines
- Highly collaborative with the ability to effectively partner with cross-functional teams at all levels within the business
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
If you gotten this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this role. Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people who believe in PlayQ's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways—not just candidates who check all the boxes.
What we can offer you:
- Competitive compensation and equity options
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life, long term disability & pet insurance
- Flexible time off
- Unmatched learning opportunities and mission driven team
- Advancement and mentorship opportunities
- 401K plan with company match
- Flexible Workplace: PlayQ’s workplace includes a combination of both in-office, hybrid and remote roles. Our flexible approach to the workplace experience, internal comms, and tech stack promote collaboration, communication, and camaraderie!
- Brand new creative office space equipped with tons of natural light, communal areas for collaboration and free parking
- Walking distance to restaurants, coffee shops, and the metro
- Stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages
- Monthly team building events and cross departmental lunches
- Help build and support awesome GAMES. For a living! Who doesn't love games?
At PlayQ, we leverage competitive benchmarking data when setting each role’s base pay range. Individual base salary will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, scope of role, business need and geographic location.
The estimated base pay range for this role is listed below.
- In-office location: Santa Monica, CA
- This role is open to remote employees located in select US states including California, Washington, Nevada, Texas, Florida, Pennsylvania, New York and Georgia.
- This role is offered as a full time position.
Interested? Please get in touch!