Senior Business Development Manager
Who we are:
PowerMarket is a rapidly growing, B2B SaaS platform and the only one of its kind that provides turn-key solar life-cycle management. By digitalising the life-cycle, it helps companies tranition to solar energy, while saving them over 90% of their time and resources compared with traditional methods.
We have been backed by some of the leading research institutions and investors such as Oxford University, European Space Agency and Techstars.
We started PowerMarket to help streamline and encourage the uptake of solar power for homes and business. We support customers throughout the solar lifecycle, from helping them to identify the best sites for solar, through planning and execution, to intelligent monitoring and early fault/underperformance detection.
Our values guide our decisions, the way we work, our culture and the people we ask to join the team. We work hard, have fun and support each other. We’re not afraid to make mistakes and we’re always looking to challenge ourselves. Our style is a collaboration based on honesty, friendship and respect.
It’s an exciting time here at PowerMarket. If you’re inspired by what we’re doing, are up for a challenge and share our values, we’d love to hear from you.
What you will be responsible for:
- As a senior business development manager you will be working along with the core team
- You will have the freedom to develop and design the business development strategy of the company
- Convert current set of leads to develop a scalable sales strategy and processes
- Work with the core team in developing GTM strategy and sales playbook
- Manage existing partners and sales agents, and develop new ones
- Strategic initiatives to drive new revenue
- Hire and grow the sales team
Who we are looking for:
- At least 5 years of B2B SaaS business development experience
- Has implemented strategies, systems and processes to scale business sales
- Dynamic mindset: recognise that startups are always changing, comfortable navigating the needed changes, including in their own role, based on what’s required to grow the business.
- Ideally someone fluent in Italian and English
- Good to have: prior experience and knowledge of solar software solutions
- Good to have:worked in B2G and / or teleco sales
What we can offer:
- You will be among the early stage hires, which will make you the part of the core team
- You will have the freedom to define the business development strategy of the company
- We strongly believe that world scale challenges can only be solved by diverse teams and you will be a part of such a rapidly growing team
- The role is a stepping stone for a C-suite position
- Flexible working - we hire the best and believe in letting our team members decide how they want to work so they can deliver their best
- Competitive pay + equity