Who we are:
PowerMarket is a rapidly growing, B2B SaaS platform and the only one of its kind that provides turn-key solar life-cycle management. By digitalising the life-cycle, it helps companies tranition to solar energy, while saving them over 90% of their time and resources compared with traditional methods.
We have been backed by some of the leading research institutions and investors such as Oxford University, European Space Agency and Techstars.
We started PowerMarket to help streamline and encourage the uptake of solar power for homes and business. We support customers throughout the solar lifecycle, from helping them to identify the best sites for solar, through planning and execution, to intelligent monitoring and early fault/underperformance detection.
Our values guide our decisions, the way we work, our culture and the people we ask to join the team. We work hard, have fun and support each other. We’re not afraid to make mistakes and we’re always looking to challenge ourselves. Our style is a collaboration based on honesty, friendship and respect.
It’s an exciting time here at PowerMarket. If you’re inspired by what we’re doing, are up for a challenge and share our values, we’d love to hear from you.
About the role:
We have ambitious plans for developing our platform: increasing the value of our solar site identification tools, adding comprehensive monitoring of many different solar installations, providing world class visualisation tools to help customers assess their solar portfolios, and adding AI-based early detection of faults and poor performance.
Our mission is to provide the ultimate solar lifecycle management solution and you'll play a key part in helping us achieve this by making sure our platform is best in class and super intuitive to use. You will be responsible for building a team of engineers working towards collective business goals. You will be an experienced Tech Lead but still very much hands-on and will want to remain so for the foreseeable future.
Our stack is PHP/Laravel so we're particularly keen to talk to you if you have relevant experience, but our key requirement is for a technically adept, enthusiastic tech lead who can structure our system, and build, lead and inspire a team developers, so we're open to equivalent experience if you're happy to adapt.
Management & Leadership:
- Work with Product Manager and CTO to build the dev team to deliver the vision for the platform
- Contribute to setting clear performance objectives for the team and at the individual level in order to ensure everyone has focus and clarity on what needs to be done
- Coach and mentor more junior developers to help them develop the knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary to contribute strongly to the PowerMarket project
- Help the team operate more effectively through workload management, system improvements or direct assistance
- Line manage and support a team of 3-5 engineers
- Work directly with Product Manager, Designers, Engineers and other stakeholders to understand end-user problems
- Build and maintain features in our core platform for managing solar life cycles
- Evolve the application architecture to reduce technical debt and take advantage of current technological standards and best practices
What we need from you:
- Extensive commercial experience in web application development
- Demonstrable commercial experience in building complex web applications, ideally using PHP/Laravel, but equivalent experience and evidence of adaptability will also be considered
- Experience with architectural design taking into account both functional and non-functional requirements
- Line management experience (preferably in your most recent job)
- Experience working in an agile team with a good track record of delivery
- Willingness to learn new technologies and engineering practices
- Ability to write good, clean and well-tested code
- Experience working in an agile team with a delivery focus and a keen eye on what the customer needs
- Experience with a few of the following: Test automation, AWS, DevOps and willingness to learn others on the job
You should apply if:
- You're excited to deliver tools that help streamline and simplify our customers' solar journey
- You want to work in an environment where your input is valued and you can make a real impact
- You're a pragmatic tech lead who strives to find where user value is and the right balance between quality and delivery
- You have a passion for solving end-user problems, big or small
- You want to create an environment for the successful and efficient delivery of high-quality business solutions through a combination of leading and executing.
- You understand the challenges and rewards that come with working in a scale-up environment and look forward to taking them on
- Change doesn’t faze you; you take the rough with the smooth and take people with you on that journey