Campaign and Content Strategy Director
At Preply, we are unlocking human potential through learning.
We believe learning with a great tutor is life-changing. That’s why we match online tutors from across the globe with learners and empower them to create live language classes with AI-powered tools and learning materials. This is how we deliver progress, create engagement and keep our global community of learners motivated. So far, over 32,000 tutors have given more than 15 million lessons to learners from over 175 countries.
Meet the team!
As a Director of Content, you will be in charge of how our brand tells stories in order to reach our current and prospective audiences and how these compose our campaign calendar. You will drive how we measure and support our business initiatives as well as leading strategic innovations projects with the goal of optimizing our marketing performance and driving growth.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop our campaign calendar and work closely with creative production and growth marketing team to align how we tell our brands stories and generate exciting trials, communication strategies, creating synergies, cross-departmental collaboration
- Lead monthly and quarterly sessions with wider teams to plan for campaign calendar and creative reviews
- Build and develop a team of content creators, social media and campaign managers
- Drive innovation agenda for new and existing channels to reach our audience in an effective and measurable way, through content and collaborations supporting our brand’s core value propositions
- Use research and insights to understand relevant audiences and which channels will reach them the most effectively
- Develop Preply’s measurement strategy to track media impact and support with budget allocation decisions
- Define the global technology stack for Communications management and measurement (Media intelligence, Influencer research and measurement, social media planning and listening, etc)
- Measure performance, manage all reporting on the impact of content strategy and initiatives
- Translate test results into best practices
What you need to succeed:
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in marketing, with a focus on content strategy and data analysis
- You have been managing a team for the past 4+ years
- You’re a creative thinker always looking for new opportunities to drive growth through content marketing
- Solid experience in the craft and methodologies of brand strategy and development, content creation/distribution, brand design and visual expression, integrated marketing communications and services (preferably with a mix of agency and client side)
- You have a special interest in new and innovative approaches or mediums of content
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written. Knows how to tell a compelling story
- You have strong organizational skills, are results-driven and detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task and manage priorities
- Strong leadership and project management abilities.
Why you’ll love it at Preply
- An open, collaborative, dynamic and diverse culture;
- A generous monthly allowance for lessons on Preply.com, Learning & Development budget and time off for your self-development;
- A competitive financial package with equity, leave allowance and health insurance;
- Access to free mental health support platforms;
- The opportunity to shape the lives of learners and tutors through language learning and teaching in 175 countries (and counting!).
- Care to change the world - We are passionate about our work and care deeply about its impact to be life changing.
- We do it for learners - For both Preply and tutors, learners are why we do what we do. Every day we focus on empowering tutors to deliver an exceptional learning experience.
- Keep perfecting - To create an outstanding customer experience, we focus on simplicity, smoothness, and enjoyment, continually perfecting it as every detail matters.
- Now is the time - In a fast-paced world, it matters how quickly we act. Now is the time to make great things happen.
- Disciplined execution - What makes us disciplined is the excellence in our execution. We set clear goals, focus on what matters, and utilize our resources efficiently.
- Dive deep - We leverage business acumen and curiosity to investigate disparities between numbers and stories, unlocking meaningful insights to guide our decisions.
- Growth mindset - We proactively seek growth opportunities and believe today's best performance becomes tomorrow's starting point. We humbly embrace feedback and learn from setbacks.
- Raise the bar - We raise our performance standards continuously, alongside each new hire and promotion. We build diverse and high-performing teams that can make a real difference.
- Challenge, disagree and commit - We value open and candid communication, even when we don’t fully agree. We speak our minds, challenge when necessary, and fully commit to decisions once made.
- One Preply - We prioritize collaboration, inclusion, and the success of our team over personal ambitions. Together, we support and celebrate each other's progress.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Preply is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where people from all backgrounds can thrive. Different opinions and viewpoints are key ingredients in our success as a multicultural Ed-Tech company.
Preply will consider all applications for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or veteran status. Together, we are The World Class.
As part of our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion philosophy, we are very committed to promote pay equity and reduce the gender pay gap in the industry. With that said, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors to determine the final offer. We rely on market indicators to determine compensation and consider your specific job family, skills, and experience to get it right. In same cases, there is flexibility in terms of job level within the same job post. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary. The overall market range for roles in this area of Preply in NYC is typically USD 200,000 - 255,000. This market range does not include stock options which are granted to all Preplers. We behave like co-owners and we're rewarded as co-owners.