Tutor Operations Lead
At Preply, we are unlocking human potential through learning
We believe learning with a great tutor is life-changing. That’s why we match online tutors from across the globe with learners and empower them to create live language classes with AI-powered tools and learning materials. This is how we deliver progress, create engagement and keep our global community of learners motivated. So far, over 32,000 tutors have given more than 15 million lessons to learners from over 175 countries.
Meet the team:
Our tutors play a crucial role in our mission to unlock human potential through learning. We are constantly pushing the boundaries, conducting hundreds of AB tests, and identifying opportunities to enhance the experience for both our students and tutors
As a member of the Supply Operations squad, you will be leading the Tutor Operations team. In this role, you will play a critical part in further enhancing our tutors’ and learners’ experience
Are you passionate about identifying and implementing opportunities that create an impact and improve user experience? Are you a natural problem solver with a love for operations, data and deriving insights from it? Do you refuse to settle for the status quo? If so, then this position is for you.
What you’ll be doing:
- Setting the vision for Tutor Operations and leading the team towards improving tutor operations and tutors’ experience
- Leading the implementation of various projects aimed at improving tutors’ experience by collaborating with Product, Data, Supply, CRM, and other stakeholders
- Collaborating on tutor registration and tutor profile quality with Customer Support, Product, Growth, and Profile content teams
- Driving tutors’ sentiments (eg. Tutor NPS) analysis and collaborating with relevant teams to improve tutor experience
- Driving operational metrics and supporting other Supply Operation teams
- Improving and enforcing tutor policies and processes
- Collaboration with Supply Operations, Product and Customer Support teams to decrease and improve tutors’ inquiries management
- Collaborate with multiple departments to gain a holistic understanding of the company's operations and contribute to cross-functional initiatives
What you need to succeed:
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in Project Management/Operational management/Process improvement in marketplaces, e-commerce, ed-tech or consultancy (fast-paced environment)
- Proven leadership abilities to motivate and guide a team towards achieving specific goals
- Strong project and stakeholder management skills
- Excellent interpersonal, collaboration, and problem-solving skills, including the ability to articulate project recommendations and prioritize tasks
- Results-oriented mindset combined with critical thinking to challenge and improve our processes
- Strong analytical skills and experience with data-driven decision-making
- Adaptability and comfortability with ambiguity and rapid changes
Why you’ll love it at Preply:
- An open, collaborative, dynamic and diverse culture;
- A generous monthly allowance for lessons on Preply.com, Learning & Development budget and time off for your self-development;
- A competitive financial package with equity, leave allowance and health insurance;
- Access to free mental health support platforms;
- The opportunity to shape the lives of learners and tutors through language learning and teaching in 175 countries (and counting!).
- Care to change the world - We are passionate about our work and care deeply about its impact to be life changing.
- We do it for learners - For both Preply and tutors, learners are why we do what we do. Every day we focus on empowering tutors to deliver an exceptional learning experience.
- Keep perfecting - To create an outstanding customer experience, we focus on simplicity, smoothness, and enjoyment, continually perfecting it as every detail matters.
- Now is the time - In a fast-paced world, it matters how quickly we act. Now is the time to make great things happen.
- Disciplined execution - What makes us disciplined is the excellence in our execution. We set clear goals, focus on what matters, and utilize our resources efficiently.
- Dive deep - We leverage business acumen and curiosity to investigate disparities between numbers and stories, unlocking meaningful insights to guide our decisions.
- Growth mindset - We proactively seek growth opportunities and believe today's best performance becomes tomorrow's starting point. We humbly embrace feedback and learn from setbacks.
- Raise the bar - We raise our performance standards continuously, alongside each new hire and promotion. We build diverse and high-performing teams that can make a real difference.
- Challenge, disagree and commit - We value open and candid communication, even when we don’t fully agree. We speak our minds, challenge when necessary, and fully commit to decisions once made.
- One Preply - We prioritize collaboration, inclusion, and the success of our team over personal ambitions. Together, we support and celebrate each other's progress.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Preply is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where people from all backgrounds can thrive. Different opinions and viewpoints are key ingredients in our success as a multicultural Ed-Tech company.
Preply will consider all applications for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or veteran status.