At Preply, we are unlocking human potential through learning.
We believe learning with a great tutor is life-changing. That’s why we match online tutors from across the globe with learners and empower them to create live language classes with AI-powered tools and learning materials. This is how we deliver progress, create engagement and keep our global community of learners motivated. So far, over 32,000 tutors have given more than 15 million lessons to learners from over 175 countries.
Meet the team:
Preply's design chapter crafts the experience for all of our users: individual and group learners, tutors, and businesses looking to help their employees improve their language skills. Our product designers, researchers, and UX writers work with the extended product team to create an engaging, delightful experience that drives business value by identifying and solving customer problems.
What you’ll be doing:
- Reshape and improve the app experience for our users
- Focus on the value your solution is providing to customers and our business;
- Understand the key design methodologies and frameworks and employ lean and clever solutions;
- Produce highly usable, but surprisingly creative, design solutions that tackle your team’s key hypotheses;
- Leverage product data;
- Work in a newly formed cross-functional team with a Product Manager, UX writer, and Engineers.
What you need to succeed:
- Minimum of 4+ years of professional Product Design experience
- Compelling, proven professional experience as a product designer.
- Experience in conducting and leading research, as well as visualizing end-to-end user journeys.
- Strong communication skills to effectively present your work and bring key stakeholders on board. You are confident in your ideas but open to learning from others.
- You have experience handing off work to engineers, the dedication and focus to work alongside them to ensure high quality design on launch.
- You have the drive to share work early and often, and to foster a mindset of collective ownership and effort. You leave the ego at the door.
- As a plus, we value any experience working on the “seller side” (e.g. content creators, sellers, advertisers, …) of marketplaces, as well as experience using emotional design to deliver “delightful” experiences
- A portfolio to help us understand your skills and experience as a designer.
Why you’ll love it at Preply:
- An open, collaborative, dynamic and diverse culture;
- A generous monthly allowance for lessons on Preply.com, Learning & Development budget and time off for your self-development;
- A competitive financial package with equity, leave allowance and health insurance;
- Access to free mental health support platforms;
- The opportunity to shape the lives of learners and tutors through language learning and teaching in 175 countries (and counting!).
- Care to change the world - We are passionate about our work and care deeply about its impact to be life changing.
- We do it for learners - For both Preply and tutors, learners are why we do what we do. Every day we focus on empowering tutors to deliver an exceptional learning experience.
- Keep perfecting - To create an outstanding customer experience, we focus on simplicity, smoothness, and enjoyment, continually perfecting it as every detail matters.
- Now is the time - In a fast-paced world, it matters how quickly we act. Now is the time to make great things happen.
- Disciplined execution - What makes us disciplined is the excellence in our execution. We set clear goals, focus on what matters, and utilize our resources efficiently.
- Dive deep - We leverage business acumen and curiosity to investigate disparities between numbers and stories, unlocking meaningful insights to guide our decisions.
- Growth mindset - We proactively seek growth opportunities and believe today's best performance becomes tomorrow's starting point. We humbly embrace feedback and learn from setbacks.
- Raise the bar - We raise our performance standards continuously, alongside each new hire and promotion. We build diverse and high-performing teams that can make a real difference.
- Challenge, disagree and commit - We value open and candid communication, even when we don’t fully agree. We speak our minds, challenge when necessary, and fully commit to decisions once made.
- One Preply - We prioritize collaboration, inclusion, and the success of our team over personal ambitions. Together, we support and celebrate each other's progress.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Preply is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where people from all backgrounds can thrive. Different opinions and viewpoints are key ingredients in our success as a multicultural Ed-Tech company.
Preply will consider all applications for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or veteran status. Together, we are The World Class.