People Partner Specialist
At Preply, we are unlocking human potential through learning.
We believe learning with a great tutor is life-changing. That’s why we match online tutors from across the globe with learners and empower them to create live language classes with AI-powered tools and learning materials. This is how we deliver progress, create engagement and keep our global community of learners motivated. So far, over 32,000 tutors have given more than 15 million lessons to learners from over 175 countries.
Meet the team!
At Preply, we are constantly pushing the limits when it comes to our People and Culture, we are evolving processes for a fast scale up environment, developing new ways to accelerate the business through People initiatives and programs and making Preply a place where people can perform at their best and love what they do.
Are you excited to shape people processes in a fast paced environment and help build a high performance team? Are you experienced in working closely with managers to create a positive, productive and high growth work environment? Do you want to be a part of Preply’s success by scaling our fast growing areas? If you enjoy the exciting world of a rapidly growing tech company where results are tangible, teams are ambitious, growth is off the charts, and the culture is solid. Then this opportunity is perfect for you!
As a People Partner Specialist, you will play a vital role in driving the success of our teams and nurturing a high-performance culture. Your support in fostering a strong culture will be crucial in helping us achieve our mission of unlocking human potential through learning. Get ready to make a meaningful impact and have a whole lot of fun along the way!
What you’ll be doing:
- Employee relations: Support management on employee relations issues, working closely with our people operations team as needed to mediate, resolve and create a positive work environment. Conduct investigations and provide recommendations when needed
- Evolve People Processes: Build on our People processes and initiatives and tailor them to our business goals and setting our teams up for success. Don't be afraid to experiment and try new things.
- Employee Engagement: Utilize our Culture Amp tool to boost the engagement and happiness in our already super engaged team. Team up with managers to create strategies and action plans that foster a positive and inclusive work environment that helps everyone thrive.
- Performance management: Support the performance management process. Provide guidance on setting performance expectations, conducting reviews and addressing performance issues
- Data Analytics: Tap into the potential of our people data and analytics, providing valuable insights and recommendations to sales leaders. Utilize metrics and KPIs to measure the impact of our people initiatives and drive exceptional outcomes.
- Talent Acquisition: Team up with our Talent Acquisition crew to find the best talent out there, we are growing fast and want a diverse and high-performing team to help us achieve our goals.
What you need to succeed:
- 3 years of experience as a HR advisor or business partner or in a similar capacity within a people team, demonstrating a solid understanding of people practices and strategies.
- A strong passion for pushing boundaries and exploring new possibilities in the people field, showing a desire to innovate and drive positive change within the organization.
- Be based in Barcelona, or willingness to relocate.
- Fluency in English
Why you’ll love it at Preply:
- Open, collaborative, dynamic and diverse culture;
- Generous monthly allowance for lessons on Preply.com
- Competitive financial package with equity, leave allowance and health insurance;
- Access to free mental health support platforms;
- Flexible set-up with the option of paid relocation to Barcelona
- Opportunity to shape the lives of learners and tutors through language learning and teaching in 175 countries (and counting!).
- Care to change the world - We are passionate about our work and care deeply about its impact to be life changing.
- We do it for learners - For both Preply and tutors, learners are why we do what we do. Every day we focus on empowering tutors to deliver an exceptional learning experience.
- Keep perfecting - To create an outstanding customer experience, we focus on simplicity, smoothness, and enjoyment, continually perfecting it as every detail matters.
- Now is the time - In a fast-paced world, it matters how quickly we act. Now is the time to make great things happen.
- Disciplined execution - What makes us disciplined is the excellence in our execution. We set clear goals, focus on what matters, and utilize our resources efficiently.
- Dive deep - We leverage business acumen and curiosity to investigate disparities between numbers and stories, unlocking meaningful insights to guide our decisions.
- Growth mindset - We proactively seek growth opportunities and believe today's best performance becomes tomorrow's starting point. We humbly embrace feedback and learn from setbacks.
- Raise the bar - We raise our performance standards continuously, alongside each new hire and promotion. We build diverse and high-performing teams that can make a real difference.
- Challenge, disagree and commit - We value open and candid communication, even when we don’t fully agree. We speak our minds, challenge when necessary, and fully commit to decisions once made.
- One Preply - We prioritize collaboration, inclusion, and the success of our team over personal ambitions. Together, we support and celebrate each other's progress.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
Preply is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where people from all backgrounds can thrive. Different opinions and viewpoints are key ingredients in our success as a multicultural Ed-Tech company.
Preply will consider all applications for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or veteran status. Together, we are The World Class.