Senior Full Stack Engineer (CRM)
At Preply, we are unlocking human potential through learning.
We believe learning with a great tutor is life-changing. That’s why we match online tutors from across the globe with learners and empower them to create live language classes with AI-powered tools and learning materials. This is how we deliver progress, create engagement and keep our global community of learners motivated. So far, over 32,000 tutors have given more than 15 million lessons to learners from over 175 countries.
The Preply Engineering Team provides the tools to help unlock human potential through learning.
Our team leverages the powerful combination of Python/Django and ReactJS to engineer scalable, resilient applications that provide our users with an exceptional and seamless experience. We implement A/B tests to prove the value of our initiatives and improve our product based on data and user feedback. As part of our commitment to ensuring high-quality products, we prioritize monitoring and metrics analysis to identify areas for optimization and ensure our services are performing at their best. Our team is made up of talented engineers who are passionate about solving complex problems and developing innovative solutions to drive our company's success.
At Preply, we release our product 50-60 times per day by leveraging top-notch CI/CD processes. As a fast-growing company, we have diverse technical challenges (sometimes we even write about them on our Engineering Blog) that will allow you to develop your skills at scale.
Meet the team!
The CRM squad at Preply seamlessly tracks and responds to every user move, crafting personalized omnichannel experiences that elevate their lifetime value. As a vital team member, collaborate with top-tier experts in software engineering, design, and marketing and dive into our cutting-edge marketing automation engine, empowering marketers to experiment effortlessly. Be part of a dynamic force shaping the future of user engagement.
Elevate your impact—join CRM Squad and redefine possibilities!
What you’ll be doing:
You will work in a cross-functional team alongside the Product Manager, Product Designer, UX Writers, Data Analytics, Technical Leads, Engineers and other cross-functional team members to deliver engaging features through A/B tests and build top-notch products, including, but not limited to:
- Think beyond the code and about our customers, understand their needs and define solutions with the team;
- Develop frontend features in React/Typescript, launched in our A/B experimentation framework.
- Develop new backend features in Python/Django as well as design, create, and/or troubleshoot integrations with third-party vendors.
- Align your work with our quality practices by writing end-to-end tests, configuring monitoring and alerting, and addressing technical debt.
- Help us make our best practices even better (test culture, code reviews, mentoring).
For additional information, check out our Engineering Tech Radar.
What you need to succeed:
- A "Product Engineering" mindset.
- 5+ years overall software development experience with well-rounded Full Stack engineering skills.
- Experience developing backend services with any major programming language. Bonus points if you know Python.
- Experience with stream processing platforms such as Kafka is not mandatory, but a plus.
- Exposure to architectural patterns of a large, high-scale web application (e.g., well-designed APIs, high-volume data pipelines, efficient algorithms).
- Experience mentoring team members and leading technical projects.
- Adept at balancing multiple stakeholder interests while ensuring project excellence.
- Bring your voice and ideas to the team, thinking beyond the code and about our customers.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
Why you’ll love it at Preply:
- Open, collaborative, dynamic and diverse culture.
- Generous monthly allowance for lessons on Preply.com .
- Learning & Development budget, including time off for your self-development.
- Competitive financial package with equity, leave allowance and health insurance.
- Access to free mental health support platforms.
- Access to Gympass-partnered wellness and gym centers throughout Spain to promote and support well-being and physical health.
- Flexible set-up with the option of paid relocation to Barcelona, or working remotely within a close time zone.
- Opportunity to shape the lives of learners and tutors from over 175 countries through language learning and teaching.
- Care to change the world - We are passionate about our work and care deeply about its impact to be life changing.
- We do it for learners - For both Preply and tutors, learners are why we do what we do. Every day we focus on empowering tutors to deliver an exceptional learning experience.
- Keep perfecting - To create an outstanding customer experience, we focus on simplicity, smoothness, and enjoyment, continually perfecting it as every detail matters.
- Now is the time - In a fast-paced world, it matters how quickly we act. Now is the time to make great things happen.
- Disciplined execution - What makes us disciplined is the excellence in our execution. We set clear goals, focus on what matters, and utilize our resources efficiently.
- Dive deep - We leverage business acumen and curiosity to investigate disparities between numbers and stories, unlocking meaningful insights to guide our decisions.
- Growth mindset - We proactively seek growth opportunities and believe today's best performance becomes tomorrow's starting point. We humbly embrace feedback and learn from setbacks.
- Raise the bar - We raise our performance standards continuously, alongside each new hire and promotion. We build diverse and high-performing teams that can make a real difference.
- Challenge, disagree and commit - We value open and candid communication, even when we don’t fully agree. We speak our minds, challenge when necessary, and fully commit to decisions once made.
- One Preply - We prioritize collaboration, inclusion, and the success of our team over personal ambitions. Together, we support and celebrate each other's progress.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Preply is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where people from all backgrounds can thrive. Different opinions and viewpoints are key ingredients in our success as a multicultural Ed-Tech company.
Preply will consider all applications for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or veteran status. Together, we are The World Class.