Brand Strategy Operations Specialist
At Preply, we are unlocking human potential through learning.
We believe learning with a great tutor is life-changing. That’s why we match online tutors from across the globe with learners and empower them to create live language classes with AI-powered tools and learning materials. This is how we deliver progress, create engagement and keep our global community of learners motivated. So far, over 32,000 tutors have given more than 15 million lessons to learners from over 175 countries.
Meet the team!
Our dynamic brand team spearheaded our rebrand, fuelling Preply's evolution into a top design-centric product company. Now with robust financial backing, we're set to elevate Preply's brand to become a market leader within edtech.
You will be joining the brand team, where you will act as the primary interface between the brand department and cross-functional teams to ensure successful execution and measurement of marketing strategies and initiatives. It is a role that requires a combination of strategic expertise, curiosity, and grit with excellent judgment and discretion. The ideal candidate is highly self-directed and has excellent experience in marketing and business.
What you’ll be doing:
- In charge of the brand business plan - working with all key stakeholders, drafting and finalizing budget proposals, and developing plans based on expected future trends, competitive landscape, and historical performance.
- Developing and maintaining a comprehensive brand marketing report to monitor and ensure that all metrics are cost-efficient and in line with set targets for brand performance
- Tracking the performance of each marketing channel, providing regular updates to the leadership team, and providing recommendations to the team about best practices
- Keeping up with all brand marketing and brand performance operations to have a comprehensive overview of each channel’s development to identify what works/does not and make recommendations
- Setting up and steering all necessary meetings and processes between stakeholders to ensure alignment and clarity across project teams within the brand team and with external stakeholders
- Deliver polished presentations with data-driven insights and a strategic narrative to influence executives to adopt recommended strategies
- Participating in weekly, monthly, and quarterly business reviews and other meetings
- Perform comprehensive research and analysis on market trends together with the research team to identify opportunities to scale operations and drive maximum value for the business
What you need to succeed:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in marketing, with a focus on marketing budget management and data analysis.
- Exceptional analytical skills to interpret complex data and translate it into actionable strategies.
- Solid understanding of marketing channels, data analysis, and forecasting.
- Proven ability to manage budgets effectively and draft budget proposals.
- Strong leadership and project management abilities.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written.
- Proficiency with marketing software and platforms.
- Proven strategic planning skills and ability to align marketing strategies with business objectives.
Why you’ll love it at Preply
- An open, collaborative, dynamic and diverse culture;
- A generous monthly allowance for lessons on Preply.com, Learning & Development budget and time off for your self-development;
- A competitive financial package with equity, leave allowance and health insurance;
- Access to free mental health support platforms;
- Access to Gympass-partnered wellness and gym centers throughout Spain to promote and support well-being and physical health
- The opportunity to unlock the potential of learners and tutors through language learning and teaching in 175 countries (and counting!).
- Care to change the world - We are passionate about our work and care deeply about its impact to be life changing.
- We do it for learners - For both Preply and tutors, learners are why we do what we do. Every day we focus on empowering tutors to deliver an exceptional learning experience.
- Keep perfecting - To create an outstanding customer experience, we focus on simplicity, smoothness, and enjoyment, continually perfecting it as every detail matters.
- Now is the time - In a fast-paced world, it matters how quickly we act. Now is the time to make great things happen.
- Disciplined execution - What makes us disciplined is the excellence in our execution. We set clear goals, focus on what matters, and utilize our resources efficiently.
- Dive deep - We leverage business acumen and curiosity to investigate disparities between numbers and stories, unlocking meaningful insights to guide our decisions.
- Growth mindset - We proactively seek growth opportunities and believe today's best performance becomes tomorrow's starting point. We humbly embrace feedback and learn from setbacks.
- Raise the bar - We raise our performance standards continuously, alongside each new hire and promotion. We build diverse and high-performing teams that can make a real difference.
- Challenge, disagree and commit - We value open and candid communication, even when we don’t fully agree. We speak our minds, challenge when necessary, and fully commit to decisions once made.
- One Preply - We prioritize collaboration, inclusion, and the success of our team over personal ambitions. Together, we support and celebrate each other's progress.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Preply is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where people from all backgrounds can thrive. Different opinions and viewpoints are key ingredients in our success as a multicultural Ed-Tech company.
Preply will consider all applications for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or veteran status. Together, we are The World Class.