Business Development Manager
About the company and role:
PressOne Africa is an early stage startup helping entrepreneurs improve their customer support and sales. We are on a mission to help entrepreneurs across Africa build successful business faster. With our business phone numbers, every day entrepreneurs can handle customer communication like a global business.
With our business phone systems, entrepreneurs, no matter the size of their business, can handle customer communication like global brands. You may learn more about PressOne Africa here - https://www.pressone.africa
We are looking for a business development manager, to join our team to champion the growth of our product by creating and maintaining customer relationships with entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate organisations among others.
As a Business Development Manager, you will play a pivotal role in driving the growth and expansion of our business. You will be responsible for identifying new business opportunities, developing strategic partnerships, and driving revenue growth. With your exceptional communication and negotiation skills, you will cultivate strong relationships with key stakeholders, customers, partners, and industry influencers. By leveraging your deep understanding of the market landscape and customer needs, you will contribute to the development and execution of our business development strategies.
Compensation: Competitive Salary.
Who you are:
- You have over 4 years of experience as a business development manager, relationship manager or in a related role.
- You have a knack for creating and fostering business relationships. You have cracked the code and it is tested and trusted regardless of the industry you work in.
- You are eloquent, you have impeccable verbal and written communication skills as over the years you have understood the importance of communication and how it can make or break a strategic relationship.
- You are naturally charismatic and you use it to your advantage to engage and retain customers accounts.
- You are extremely proactive, you lean in to get the work done and deliver results.
- You immerse yourself in products and see things through the eye of the customer and know how to communicate with them to convert leads into sales.
- You have experience with the use of CRMs, and other sales tools.
- You understand that time is priceless and have figured out a way to make the most of your time and deliver results.
What we expect:
- Develop and implement our overall growth strategy, generating sales leads, maintaining the sales pipeline, enhancing our competitive position and ensuring we achieve short term and long term revenue targets.
- Build and nurture strategic partnerships with customers, suppliers and industry stakeholders to expand our market reach and drive revenue growth.
- Have an in depth understanding of the product, features and communicate them clearly to customers.
- Manage and retain key customer accounts by maintaining constant communication and addressing customer inquiries and concerns.
- Develop and execute comprehensive business development plans, including market analysis, customer segmentation, and targeted outreach initiatives.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to create innovative solutions that address customer needs and create compelling value propositions for prospective clients.
- Provide strategic insights and recommendations on market intelligence, customer feedback, and industry best practices.
- Monitor and report on key performance indicators, sales metrics, and business development activities to measure progress and identify areas for improvement.
- Stay up-to-date with industry developments, regulatory changes, and market dynamics to proactively identify new business opportunities and mitigate risks.
Who we are, and What working with us is like:
- We have a launched product with customers.
- We have raised a pre-seed round from reputable investors in the ecosystem.
- Everyone on the team is extremely mission-driven and works incredibly hard to push the mission forward.
- Our office is on Admiralty way, Lekki Phase 1. We run an hybrid working system, with most of us at the office two or three times a week.
- We have been in operation for more than year. We have gotten enough data to validate the opportunity, and are entering a growth phase. It is certainly the best time to join.
Applications will be reviewed and shortlisted weekly. We will close the job opening once we find the right person. We look forward to meeting you.