About the company and role:
PressOne Africa is an early-stage startup helping entrepreneurs retain their customers, through a centralised voice communication platform. We are on a mission to help entrepreneurs across Africa build more customer-centric businesses.
With our business phone systems, entrepreneurs, no matter the size of their business, can handle customer communication like global brands. You may learn more about PressOne Africa here - https://www.pressone.africa
You will be joining the team as a graphic designer, where you will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of design projects and help us build a strong visual brand identity. The Ideal candidate has experience working at a brand, digital or design agency telling stories of different brands through design but now wants to stick to creating compelling designs for one brand.
Who you are:
- You have a minimum of 4 years of experience in graphic design.
- You live and breathe design and have a desire to tell meaningful stories through design.
- You are a creative thinker who sees beyond the obvious. When you see designs done by others you think about how you would have done it even better.
- You have a deep understanding of branding, typography, colour theory, and layout design.
- You are able to provide creative direction as the world is not black and white for you. You see all the colours, you think inside, outside and around the box.
- You have a strong portfolio showcasing your work in branding, print and digital media.
- You are a self-starter who can work independently as well as collaboratively with a team.
- You have excellent communication skills and can clearly articulate design concepts and ideas to non-designers.
- You have honed your skills in Adobe Creative Suite and other design software.
- You are a go-getter who's always up for a challenge. You take your time seriously and are focused on making the most of each day. You strive to accomplish something every day, and with your strong sense of intentionality, you make it happen.
- You design with the audience in mind. You have an interest in human psychology and its impact on how people interpret your designs.
What we expect:
- Design digital media assets, brochures, presentations, flyers, posters, and other collateral as needed.
- Bring fresh ideas by staying up to date on industry trends and new technologies.
- Improve overall experience with the brand, across all visual touch points, including website, apps, social media, email etc.
- Take an obsessive interest in entrepreneurs, and the brand we want to project.
- Consistently seek to measure brand affinity and improve it.
- Work closely with the product, marketing and operations team to create effective campaigns that drive engagement and conversions.
- Talk to customers (entrepreneurs).
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Role in a high-growth, dynamic environment.
- Continuous learning and growth opportunities.
- Chance to shape the future of business communication for entrepreneurs in Africa.
Who we are, and What working with us is like:
- We've successfully launched a product that's gaining traction.
- Our journey is backed by some of the most respected investors in the ecosystem.
- Our team is extremely mission-driven and everyone works incredibly hard to push the mission forward.
- Our office is on Admiralty way, Lekki Phase 1, we've embraced a flexible hybrid work model, with team members collaborating in-person a couple of times a week.
- As we transition to our growth phase, we're all about intense collaboration and refinement. While it's not for the faint-hearted, it's perfect for those who prioritize lasting impact over short-term rewards. If you're driven by innovation, eager to dive deep into fundamentals, and want to contribute to something transformative, you'll fit right in with our team.
Applications will be reviewed and shortlisted weekly. We will close the job opening once we find the right person. We look forward to meeting you.