Product Design Lead
About the company:
PressOne Africa is rapidly scaling its innovative communication solutions tailored to the needs of entrepreneurs across Africa. As we grow, we are committed to ensuring our entrepreneurs get the most out of our platform and have a seamless experience at every touchpoint.
Today, we are the go-to platform for entrepreneurs who want a better business phone number with centralised conversations, professional welcome, call routing, and more. We are the currently simplest way to build great customer experiences, and we poised to make even greater strides in transforming how entrepreneurs communicate. You may learn more about PressOne Africa here - https://www.pressone.africa
We’re looking for a product designer to join our team and lead all aspects of product design at PressOne Africa. As the sole designer on the team, you’ll get to work at all levels: everything from contributing to the product roadmap, all the way through to crafting delightful customer interactions.
This is a great opportunity to work with a tech and business team that understands and values the design process. And as a key contributor, you’ll have a huge impact on the direction of the product, and how PressOne helps entrepreneurs improve their customer support and sales.
This is a senior-level full-time design role. You’ll be expected to lead multiple initiatives from start to finish. You should be comfortable shaping and driving projects from a high level, as well as executing design work at an individual contributor level.
Compensation: ₦500,000 per month.
Who you are:
- You have 5+ years of experience designing consumer products - products targeted at individuals. (We have realised designers who have spent their career designing for the enterprise, or business customers, struggle with designing consumer experiences)
- You are enthusiastic about iterative design process, inspired by group and self critique.
- You have excellent communication and presentation skills; both written and verbal.
- You have some experience working in an e-commerce environment.
- You have a command of visual and communication design principles
- You have an excellent online portfolio showcasing UX, UI, and visual design work for mobile and web.
- You want to work at a growing company, where you can have a huge impact on shaping the product and influencing the design culture.
- You want to work with a mission-driven team that is helping entrepreneurs build successful businesses.
What we expect from you
- Work closely with founders, product managers, engineers, and marketers to shape both product strategy and specific features.
- Collaborate with the team on all levels of the product development process, from early needs discovery to road-mapping, to defining metrics, to gathering feedback from customers, and more.
- Own and drive the entire design process for new initiatives, from early design concepts, to wireframes, critique, detailed design deliverables, UI copy, production assets, and design QA.
- Iterate on how the PressOne brand is expressed visually in the product, improving the app’s visual clarity, consistency, and delight.
- Constantly review product engagement analytics, and make recommendations for redesigns based on consumer preferences.
- Work closely with engineers to ensure we are delivering high quality experiences to customers, while moving as fast as possible.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Role in a high-growth, dynamic environment.
- Continuous learning and growth opportunities.
- Chance to shape the future of business communication for entrepreneurs in Africa.
Who we are, and What working with us is like:
- We've successfully launched a product that's gaining traction.
- Our journey is backed by some of the most respected investors in the ecosystem.
- Our team is extremely mission-driven and everyone works incredibly hard to push the mission forward.
- Our office is on Admiralty way, Lekki Phase 1, we've embraced a flexible hybrid work model, with team members collaborating in-person a couple of times a week.
- As we transition to our growth phase, we're all about intense collaboration and refinement. While it's not for the faint-hearted, it's perfect for those who prioritize lasting impact over short-term rewards. If you're driven by innovation, eager to dive deep into fundamentals, and want to contribute to something transformative, you'll fit right in with our team.
Applications will be reviewed and shortlisted weekly. We will close the job opening once we find the right person. We look forward to meeting you.