People Operations Lead
About PressOne Africa:
PressOne Africa is rapidly scaling its innovative communication solutions tailored to the needs of entrepreneurs across Africa. As we grow, we are committed to ensuring our entrepreneurs get the most out of our platform and have a seamless experience at every touchpoint.
Today, we are the go-to platform for entrepreneurs who want a better business phone number with centralised conversations, professional welcome, call routing, and more. We are the currently simplest way to build great customer experiences, and we poised to make even greater strides in transforming how entrepreneurs communicate.
We're on the lookout for a People Operations Lead who is committed to understanding the needs of our team members, ensuring they thrive within our organization, and fostering strong internal relationships. If you have a passion for shaping organizational culture, driving people strategy, and building robust people systems, this is the role for you.
- Develop People Strategy: Formulate a people strategy that aligns with our organization's strategic goals.
- HR Policy Management: Keep HR policies up-to-date and compliant with local laws, while also fostering a positive organizational culture.
- Systematic Compensation Plans: Create fair and equitable compensation and benefits systems.
- Position Mapping: Work closely with hiring managers to outline new roles, set salary ranges, and draft job descriptions.
- Full-Cycle Hiring: Oversee the entire hiring process, from candidate sourcing to onboarding.
- Professional Development: Provide strategic input on employee and team development, including leadership coaching and succession planning.
- Benefits Administration: Oversee a comprehensive benefits package for all staff members.
- Employee Relations: Serve as the go-to person for any employee-related concerns within the organization.
- Investor Compliance: Monitor and ensure compliance with investor guidelines.
- Management Culture: Work with managers to develop a robust management culture, complete with training and performance evaluations.
- Performance Management: Implement performance management systems across the organization.
- Employee Engagement: Lead initiatives like pulse surveys and training to enhance employee engagement.
- Special Projects: Take charge of special projects, setting objectives, timelines, and effectively managing resources.
Who you are:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Sociology or a related field.
- Proven experience in People Operations, or similar roles.
- You have five or more years experience in a professional business environment.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work independently.
- You have very strong organisational skills, and have some background in Operations or Business Analysis
- You love to accomplish something every day. You are intentional about how you spend your time.
- You are very proficient with productivity and efficiency tools, for example, Asana, Airtable, Zapier.
- You are very analytical. You have the ability to analyse given operational processes.
- You have great written and verbal communication skills.
- You are collaborative. You are willing to go outside of your "space" so the team can win.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Role in a high-growth, dynamic environment.
- Continuous learning and growth opportunities.
- Chance to shape the future of business communication for entrepreneurs in Africa.
Who we are, and What working with us is like:
- We've successfully launched a product that's gaining traction.
- Our journey is backed by some of the most respected investors in the ecosystem.
- Our team is extremely mission-driven and everyone works incredibly hard to push the mission forward.
- Our office is on Admiralty way, Lekki Phase 1, we've embraced a flexible hybrid work model, with team members collaborating in-person a couple of times a week.
- As we transition to our growth phase, we're all about intense collaboration and refinement. While it's not for the faint-hearted, it's perfect for those who prioritize lasting impact over short-term rewards. If you're driven by innovation, eager to dive deep into fundamentals, and want to contribute to something transformative, you'll fit right in with our team.
Applications will be reviewed and shortlisted weekly. We will close the job opening once we find the right person. We look forward to meeting you.