Software Engineer - Rust
About PressOne Africa
PressOne Africa is rapidly scaling its innovative communication solutions tailored to the needs of entrepreneurs across Africa. As we grow, we are committed to ensuring our entrepreneurs get the most out of our platform and have a seamless experience at every touchpoint.
Today, we are the go-to platform for entrepreneurs who want a better business phone number with centralised conversations, professional welcome, call routing, and more. We are the currently simplest way to build great customer experiences, and we poised to make even greater strides in transforming how entrepreneurs communicate.
You will be joining the team as a Backend Engineer focused on building and managing resilient API & services infrastructure. This is an opportunity to play a critical role in our success story.
The ideal candidate is someone who has gained experience working with a product development agency, and wants to join a startup, not because it is cool, but because they feel ready to maximise their potential by focusing on one product.
- API Development: Create and maintain RESTful or GraphQL APIs that enable communication between the front-end and back-end systems.
- Telephony System Management: Oversee and maintain the telephony core environment, ensuring its optimal performance and reliability.
- Security: Implement security best practices to protect data and prevent unauthorized access. This includes encryption, authentication, and authorization.
- Documentation: Maintain thorough documentation of system configurations, changes, and updates.
- Testing: Write unit tests and participate in code reviews to ensure code quality, reliability, and maintainability.
Who you are
- You have three or more years of experience building APIs.
- You are experienced with Git, Rust(Axum) and Python(Django) technologies.
- Work with relational databases (e.g., PostgreSQL) to design schemas, create tables, and optimize queries.
- Have an extensive background in Redis and caching expertise.
- You have an interest in how systems are built, whether machines or software.
- You are more interested in the problem than in the product. You are not just someone who learnt to write codes, you are a problem solver, an engineer.
- You love to accomplish something every day. You are intentional about how you spend your time.
- Knowledge of telephony protocols (e.g. SIP) and standards is a big plus.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Proactive attitude and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Role in a high-growth, dynamic environment.
- Continuous learning and growth opportunities.
- Chance to shape the future of business communication for entrepreneurs in Africa.
Who we are, and What working with us is like
- We've successfully launched a product that's gaining traction.
- Our journey is backed by some of the most respected investors in the ecosystem.
- Our team is extremely mission-driven and everyone works incredibly hard to push the mission forward.
- Our office is on Admiralty way, Lekki Phase 1, we've embraced a flexible hybrid work model, with team members collaborating in-person a couple of times a week.
- As we transition to our growth phase, we're all about intense collaboration and refinement. While it's not for the faint-hearted, it's perfect for those who prioritize lasting impact over short-term rewards. If you're driven by innovation, eager to dive deep into fundamentals, and want to contribute to something transformative, you'll fit right in with our team.
Applications will be reviewed and shortlisted weekly. We will close the job opening once we find the right person. We look forward to meeting you.