Software Engineer - Python
About the company and role:
We are a funded startup, looking to build simple business communication tools for entrepreneurs. Starting with a simple call centre as a service solution, we intend to expand our offering to cover the full range of solutions needed by entrepreneurs looking to grow their businesses.
What we are building is similar to https://www.pressone.africa
You will be joining the team as the Backend Engineer focused on building resilient API & services infrastructure. This is an opportunity to play a critical role in our success story.
The ideal candidate is someone who has gained experience working with a product development agency, and wants to join a startup, not because it is cool, but because they feel ready to maximise their potential by focusing on one product.
Who you are:
- You have three or more years building APIs.
- You are experienced with the Python programming language.
- You have an in-depth knowledge of OAuth.
- You have an interest in how systems are built, whether machines or software.
- You are more interested in the problem than in the product. You are not just someone who learnt to write codes, you are a problem solver, an engineer.
- You love to accomplish something every day. You are intentional about how you spend your time.
- You think critically. You always seek a thorough understanding of fundamentals on any subject.
- You are collaborative. You are willing to go outside of your "space" so the team can win.
What we expect from you:
- Build our API infrastructure to scale.
- Make sure every function or service is testable, automatically.
- Integrate with third party SaaS solutions. You will do this a lot.
- Work with team to make our services future-proof.
- Consistently seek to measure quality of our services and improve it.
- Take an obsessive interest in entrepreneurs, and the problem we are solving.
- Talk to customers.
Why you might not be excited about us:
- We are a startup and we mean it. We have identified a huge problem with customer communications among entrepreneurs and we are going to be focused on solving that problem for a while. If your priority for joining a startup is the fun stuff, then that's not here. I mean, we do have fun, but to be honest, we work more.
- Everyone on the team is extremely mission-driven and works incredibly hard to push towards our lofty ambitions. You are going to be working with really smart people who are focused on the next goal. Most people won’t be cut out for such hard work.
- You should be comfortable with just a dash of chaos. This is not the kind of job where you show up and we tell you exactly what to do every day.
What you get:
- You get to work on something meaningful, something that actually gets shipped.
- You get to work with people who are great at what they do and treat you as an equal.
- Hybrid working model. Two days a week, at the office (Admiralty way, Lekki).
- We offer health insurance, gym membership, dental and those standard stuff.
- A new computer. Whichever you want.
- Competitive pay (₦400k – ₦450k monthly), plus stock options.
Who we are, and What working with us is like.
- We have a launched product with customers.
- We have raised a pre-seed round from reputable investors in the ecosystem.
- We are still a fairly young company with less than 10 people. So a lot has been accomplished by a small team.
- Everyone on the team is extremely mission-driven and works incredibly hard to push the mission forward.
- This is not the kind of job where you show up and we tell you exactly what to do every day. You are expected to take full ownership of certain goals, and meet them.
- Our office is on Admiralty way, Lekki Phase 1. We run an hybrid working system, with most of us at the office twice a week.
- We have been in operation for a year. We have gotten enough data to validate the opportunity, and are entering a growth phase. It is certainly the best time to join.
Applications will be reviewed and shortlisted weekly. We will close the job opening once we find the right person. We look forward to meeting you.