Field Service Technician
Aeris Technologies Inc, a subsidiary of Project Canary, PBC, designs, manufactures, and commercializes the next-generation of laser-based gas analyzers used in a variety of applications such as quantifying greenhouse gas emissions, atmospheric pollutants, and natural gas leaks.
Project Canary is the leading provider of on-demand climate insights for emission-intensive companies. Our company provides operational insights, emissions data, and Verified Climate Attributes™ to decarbonize energy systems by integrating sensor data with real-time portal and in-depth data analytics. We are the leaders of independently verified climate credentials that support investment, safety, reporting, and disclosure actions.
Initially, we are focused on the energy industry. With thousands of energy assets analyzed and hundreds of environmental and air quality sensors currently deployed, Project Canary is positioned better than anyone to provide empirical emissions data—and we have the ARR and growing pains to prove it.
Founded in 2019, Project Canary, PBC has quickly gained recognition as a category leader in the continuous monitoring space. Through a mission driven approach Project Canary uses dynamic means for cross team collaboration to achieve our very best for our planet and people alike. Here are some highlights from last year:
- Fundraise totaling $121M
- Series A of $10M in 2021
- Series B of $111M in 2022
- Certified as a B-Corporation with a score of 107.6 & ranked in the top 5% in 2 categories
- 2022 Best Company to Work For by both the Denver Business Journal and the Denver Post
- Headcount growth by 3X in 2022 and growing
Project Canary’s & Aeris Technologies’ success is attributed to the motivation, skill, and teamwork of everyone. The team understands the importance of maintaining a culture where relationships are valued, feedback is crucial, and trust in each other and our products/services is paramount. If you enjoy a growth-stage environment, mission-driven work and are eager to collaborate, we want to hear from you.
Aeris Technologies Inc. is seeking an experienced Field Technician to join our team in Hayward, CA (based out of Pico Rivera, CA).
As Field Technician at Aeris Technologies, you will be responsible for installing, supporting, and monitoring the health of Aeris analyzers deployed in the field. Specifically, in the LA area for at least the first year.
- Installing gas analyzer systems into vehicles, confirming operation, and confirming communications via cellular to the cloud. This will consist of mounting, providing power to the system, as well as mounting the GPS and sampling lines, and finally establishing communications.
- Responsible for monitoring the health of the systems deployed both via remote and in-person methods, and interfacing with other Aeris personnel to assess system health and data quality.
- Low-level system servicing (filters, etc) including swapping out systems as needed working with Aeris support teams in Hayward.
- Assisting the customer in support and training as needed in the deployment of systems and basic functionality including power-up/down and checking hardware connections etc.
- Open to travel for training in Hayward, CA and in general.
- Open to living in LA for at least one year.
- Basic computer and network knowledge: Ability to trouble shoot network connection issues and navigate the file system to pull data.
- Basic hardware/maintenance skills.
- Salary range: $60,000 - $80,000 annual base salary
- Health, dental, and vision insurance with low deductibles and premiums paid by company 99% for self and 50% for dependents and/or spouse
- 401K with company match (no vesting period)
- Opportunity for equity ownership
- Student loan assistance
- Unlimited PTO (minimum rule of taking at least 3 weeks off in a year)
- Company sponsored wellness days (ski/snowboard days and more)
- 12 weeks of fully paid parental leave (gender neutral) including adoptions
- Flex Choice Monthly Stipend – choice between parking, public transportation, or wellness assistance