Embedded Software Engineer
Aeris Technologies Inc, a subsidiary of Project Canary, PBC, designs, manufactures, and commercializes the next-generation of laser-based gas analyzers used in a variety of applications such as quantifying greenhouse gas emissions, atmospheric pollutants, and natural gas leaks. Project Canary is a SaaS-based data analytics company focused on environmental performance or the E in ESG for energy and additional business sectors. We are the leaders in assessing and scoring responsible operations and provide independent, measured emission profiles, including methane, via high fidelity continuous monitoring technology that helps companies take ESG action. Formed as a Public Benefit Corporation (B-Corp rating score 107), Project Canary’s Denver and Hayward-based team of technologists, engineers, and seasoned industry operators have earned recognition for their uncompromising standards and high-fidelity data.
Project Canary and Aeris Technologies’ mission is to fight climate change and put actionable insights starting with the energy sector and beyond. We ingest data from various sources, including our own proprietary environmental sensors/hardware, to calculate carbon emissions from different facilities in real-time via SaaS. The resulting independent data can inform the procurement of offsets in real-time using microtransactions, formulate a data-driven ESG strategy that investors now demand, improve operations by identifying problem areas in minutes, and bolster customer engagement through radical supply chain transparency.
Founded in 2019, Project Canary, PBC has quickly gained recognition as a major mover in the continuous monitoring space. Here are some highlights from last year:
- Fundraise totaling $121M, Series A of $10M in 2021 and Series B of $111M in 2022
- Certified as a B-Corporation with a score of 107.6
- Recognized as Best for the World (top 5% of all B-Corps) in 2 out of 5 categories
- Governance (transparency and ethics)
- Workers (treatment of teammates and culture)
- Additional recognition and awards for our culture (more to come soon!)
- eNPS score of 72 (most recent measurement in Q4 of 2021)
- Headcount growth by 6X and growing
- Revenue growth of 6X and growing
Project Canary and Aeris Technologies’ success is attributed to the motivation, skill, and teamwork of everyone. The team understands the importance of maintaining a culture where relationships are valued, feedback is crucial, and trust in each other and our products/services is paramount. If you enjoy a growth-stage environment, mission-driven work, we want to hear from you.
Aeris Technologies Inc. is seeking an experienced Embedded Software Engineer to join our team in Hayward, CA.
As an Embedded Software Engineer at Aeris, your focus will be on improving the existing software operating Aeris’s gas analyzers and working with the technical team to design and architect new products.
This position requires to work directly with scientists, engineers, and technicians in the development and production of present and new gas analyzers.
- Maintain and improve the existing software powering our laser-based gas analyzers
- Develop and improve graphical user interfaces
- Develop and improve real-time algorithms for spectral analysis
- Develop algorithms with strong software engineering practices such as design, unit tests, code reviews, and documentation
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Mathematics
- 4+ years of industry experience as an Embedded Engineer in a production environment
- 4+ years of hands-on experience in C/C++
- Understanding GUI control design coupled with real-time systems
- Strong knowledge of Embedded Linux multi-threaded application development using Qt (4.8 or greater)
- Experience with hardware-software interfaces and hardware communication protocols
- Python and bash scripting familiarity
- Works independently and as a member of a cross functional team
- Self-motivated and highly organized with strong interpersonal skills
- Graduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Mathematics
- Knowledge of Curve Fitting using Linear and Nonlinear Regression
- Ability to comprehend and apply principles of advanced calculus, modern linear algebra, and advanced statistical theory.
- Experience with Arm software development, especially Xilinx SoC environments
- Ability to run small to medium sized projects
- Ability to design complex software and write system documentation
- Experience with SQL and embedded databases
- Experience with IoT solutions and communication protocols
- Experience troubleshooting and configuration of low level Linux drivers and software packages
- Experience with containers and virtualization technologies
- Full coverage of health, dental, and vision insurance (low deductibles)
- 401K company match (no vesting period)Stock options
- Student loan assistance
- Unlimited PTO (minimum rule of taking at least 3 weeks off in a year)
- 4 Company sponsored wellness days annually (Fall hike, ski/snowboard days and more)
- 12 weeks of fully paid parental leave (gender neutral) including adoptions
- Flex Choice Monthly Stipend– choice between public transportation, or wellness assistance
- Salary range: $120,000 - $140,000 annual base
- Flexible work environment - Must reside near Hayward, CA
Project Canary provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.