Head of People Operations
Ravelin Technology Ltd
Who are we?
Hi! 👋 We are Ravelin! We're a fraud detection company using advanced machine learning and network analysis technology to solve big problems. Our goal is to make online transactions safer and help our clients feel confident serving their customers.
And we have fun in the meantime! We are a friendly bunch and pride ourselves in having a strong culture and adhering to our values of empathy, ambition, unity and integrity. We really value work/life balance and we embrace a flat hierarchy structure company-wide. Join us and you’ll learn fast about cutting-edge tech and work with some of the brightest and nicest people around - check out our Glassdoor reviews.
If this sounds like your cup of tea, we would love to hear from you! For more information check out our blog to see if you would like to help us prevent crime and protect the world's biggest online businesses.
As Head of People Operations you will be responsible for all people operations related programmes and initiatives. We want to continuously work towards making Ravelin a great place to work, where people can bring their whole self to the workplace. This position is a key strategic role in the efforts to achieve this goal.
This role is instrumental to shaping Ravelin’s culture, driving employee engagement and overseeing the entire employee lifecycle. This will involve, driving recruitment of the best talent, coaching leadership and people managers, helping to resolve employee relations issues and managing programmes that help develop our Ravelinos.
- Working with the senior leadership team and team leaders, you will own all people operations resources related activities as well as oversee all hiring related activities.
- Manage a team of three across talent management and HR functions.
- Provide human resources support and consultation across the business on the most complex issues, supporting employees in all related areas and regions including: recruitment, compensation and rewards, employee relations, and people development.
- Maintain effective performance management processes, ensuring clarity in goal-setting, regular feedback, coaching, and career development opportunities for Ravelinos.
- Provide useful data to help guide decision making, and allow the company to scale effectively and efficiently.
- Drive employee engagement and retention by implementing innovative programmes promoting employee wellbeing, diversity and inclusion.
- Provide leadership on people related policies and procedures across the company.
- Stay updated on industry best practices, market trends, and legislation changes related to people management, and recommend relevant updates to internal processes.
- Be able to communicate at all levels in the company and to support business development and change.
- Continue to build on our employee value proposition.
- Extensive experience (6+ years) of HR management, HR business partnering or generalist experience working in a fast paced environment.
- Experience in leading a People Operations or Human Resources team.
- Hold a relevant degree or equivalent practical experience with proof of HR related qualifications and experience in best practice.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience in overseeing end-to-end employee lifecycle processes.
- Demonstrable ability to challenge conventional approaches and a willingness to build a unique approach.
- Proven record of working on successful employee engagement, diversity, and inclusion initiatives.
- Mental health support through Spill + quarterly wellbeing day off
- £1000 learning & development budget as well as Quarterly Learning Days
- Comprehensive medical cover with AXA
- Pension Scheme with Aviva
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays + 1 extra day off for religious holidays
- Individual Wellbeing budget via Heka
- Flexible working hours & remote friendly environment
- Ravelin Gives Back - monthly charitable donations and regular volunteering opportunities
- TeamBandit - Fortnightly team lunches with different people from across the company
- Access to BorrowmyDoggy
- Cycle-to-Work scheme
- Weekly board game nights & budget for regular socials that anyone can organise
*Job offers may be withdrawn if candidates do not meet our pre-employment checks: unspent criminal convictions, employment verification, and right to work.*