Senior Real Estate Investment Associate
RealtyMogul was founded in 2012 with a mission to empower investors to live the lives they want by generating wealth through real estate investing.
On the Platform, investors pool their money together to invest in commercial real estate deals they may not normally have access to on their own including multifamily, office, retail, industrial and ground-up development. And the best part? The real estate companies manage the properties, providing a truly passive real estate investing experience.
Investors can also invest in one of two REITs (Real Estate Investment Trusts), giving them access to a portfolio of professionally managed properties that can potentially pay monthly or quarterly cash distributions.
Since 2012, RealtyMogul members have collectively invested over $1 billion into over $5.9 billion of real estate nationwide, including 29,000+ apartment units (as of February 28, 2023).
About Your Role
We are currently looking for a Senior Real Estate Investment Associate to work full-time. The Senior Associate will underwrite opportunities for posting on the RealtyMogul Platform and may have responsibility for managing and/or reviewing work of analysts. Your impact will be immediate and critical to successfully scaling RealtyMogul.
Though we are based in Los Angeles, this role is full remote
Must be qualified to work in the US.
What You'll Do:
- Pre-screen real estate investments including the analysis of real estate companies, physical property characteristics, business plans, market fundamentals, deal structure, and financial metrics.
- Identify strengths and weaknesses as well as feasibility of potential transactions
- Represent the company through interactions with clients (real estate companies) and third parties.
- Build financial models from scratch for a variety of property types including multifamily, office, industrial, mixed-use, and retail
- Model cash flows for various deal structures including the ability to model different types of waterfalls (preferred hurdles, IRR hurdles, etc.) for joint-venture equity
- Perform scenario analysis to account for potential changes in several variables including tenant financial status and market conditions
- Collect and review due diligence materials
- Draft materials for investment committee including pre-screen, green light memos and investment committee memos
- Approve work product of analysts and associates
- Present to investment committee including our CEO and Chief Investment Officer
- Review and interpret loan documents and covenants
- Reconcile closing cost with proforma
- Underwrite simple and complex organization structures, closed/open end funds.
- Interact with senior originators and senior management daily and work with the VP of Underwriting on additional ad hoc projects as needed
- Market research & competitive property analysis
Who You Are:
- You have a bachelor's degree with top academic and professional credentials; MBA or MRED a plus
- You have previous real estate experience with a minimum of 5 years of banking/private equity/investment underwriting with a leading firm
- Experience with multiple commercial real estate asset classes
- Solid understanding of real estate investment concepts, structures, and financial analysis
- Excellent computer skills with MS Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with Argus
- Extreme attention to detail and highly reliable
- Excellent communication skills; a true self-starter capable of accomplishing complicated tasks with limited supervision
- Proactive comfortable working in an entrepreneurial environment
- CRE construction and development experience
Something looks off?