Associate Asset Manager
RealtyMogul was founded in 2012 with a mission to empower investors to live the lives they want by generating wealth through real estate investing.
On the Platform, investors pool their money together to invest in commercial real estate deals they may not normally have access to on their own including multifamily, office, retail, industrial and ground-up development. And the best part? The real estate companies manage the properties, providing a truly passive real estate investing experience.
Investors can also invest in one of two REITs (Real Estate Investment Trusts), giving them access to a portfolio of professionally managed properties that can potentially pay monthly or quarterly cash distributions.
Since 2012, RealtyMogul members have collectively invested over $1.1 billion into over $7.3 billion of real estate nationwide, including 31,000+ apartment units (as of November 30, 2023)
About Your Role
The Associate of Asset Management is responsible for monitoring and reporting on the performance of select assets within the RealtyMogul portfolio.
Though we are based in Los Angeles, this role is full remote
Must be qualified to work in the US.
What You’ll Do:
- Review provided financial statements including balance sheets, income statements and cash flow statements for financial accuracy and adherence to accounting standards
- Review quarterly reporting to understand status of property investment
- Produce Excel financial models to re-forecast performance of individual properties
- Do market research using CoStar and Axiometrics to understand any shifts in the market post property acquisition
- Build relationships with Operating Partners to get questions answered regarding ongoing status of their projects
- Prepare quarterly Investor Updates including qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Draft and disseminate property level updates to RealtyMogul investors
- Review operating agreements to confirm distribution amounts are accurate based on distribution waterfalls as documented in the operating agreement
- Provide quality control for all distributions to ensure our investors are being paid accurately
- Work with outside accounting firm to produce and QC K-1s annually
- Respond to investor questions regarding performance of assets
- Other ad hoc projects as required
Who You Are:
- 2-4 years of experience working for a real estate private equity firm, asset manager, or acquisitions
- Highly detail oriented
- Proficient communicator with the ability to write investor communications
- Experience reviewing and digesting real estate operating agreements required
- Experience modeling equity waterfalls in Excel required
- Ability to read and understand JV Operating Agreements
- Understanding of accounting and ability to read financial statements required
- Experience with CoStar preferred
Comp Range - $85,000 - $105,000 + stock