Human Resources Coordinator
ReelData is a startup that brings AI disruption to the aquaculture industry. The core of our technology is backed by deep learning and machine learning algorithms that allow fish farms to reduce the intrusiveness and resources needed to understand various metrics around their fish. We aim to help the industry operate at maximum profitability and sustainability.
We are looking for an eager individual who will own the HR function at ReelData for an 18-month maternity leave. This will be a perfect opportunity for someone who has a few years of relevant experience and is looking to gain more exposure to all aspects of Human Resources in a technology company. Reporting to the CFO, you will be responsible for the recruitment process, immigration, training and development, HRIS and benefits administration, and company culture. The HR Coordinator will have strong communication skills and be able to interact and act as a business partner with all internal and external stakeholders.
Main responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead full-cycle recruitment process by identifying desired competencies, proactively searching for candidates, collaboratively working with hiring managers, interviewing, and issuing employment contracts;
- Process student interns' funding applications;
- Perform onboarding and facilitate orientation;
- Manage the organization’s employee database and prepare reports in HRIS;
- Oversee all international work permits compliance and immigration applications when needed;
- Investigate concerns brought forward by employees and managers;
- Manage benefits and RRSP administration;
- Create and maintain welcoming, friendly, and healthy culture at the company, including organizing remote and in-person events;
- Keep up-to-date with the latest HR trends and best practices.
- Bachelor's degree in human resources or related field or the equivalent of experience and education.
- Minimum 2 years experience in an HR-related role.
- A strong understanding of best practices and current regulations specific to HR.
- Efficient HR administration and people management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer literacy with capability in email, MS Office, G-Suite, and HRIS.
- Decision-making and problem-solving skills.
What we offer:
Competitive salary, medical benefits, hybrid setup.