Senior Software Engineer / Tech Lead
Rely’s goal is to empower cloud native companies to foster a positive culture of reliability and ownership, make informed decisions to enhance reliability, quality and performance, and ultimately achieve business-driven reliability.
We’re going to achieve this by enabling cloud native companies gain end-to-end visibility into the reliability and quality of their product and by charting the different steps and practices they need to adopt.
We’re remote-first and welcome candidates from anywhere in Europe! We have yearly off-sites where we fly the whole team out to a new location so we can meet in person, get to know each other better, kick off important projects, and have fun!
🤝 The team
Our team is a group of passionate individuals who share a common goal: to build a product that engineers love. We're committed to creating a workplace culture that's diverse, inclusive, and fosters collaboration and innovation.
Our investors include top-tier firms like J12 Ventures, Shilling Capital Partners, TechstarsNYC, and TheVentureCity, as well as notable angels from Google and Gremlin. We recently raised a Seed round, which you can read about in our announcement. We're dedicated to using their support to drive our mission forward and make a meaningful impact in the world of engineering.
We're driven by our vision to lead the industry with observability and reliability engineering best practices.
📌 This is a ground floor opportunity to join the founding team of Rely.io. You will experience what being at a scrappy startup is like.We’re looking for a Senior-level Engineer who will take ownership of product features, implement changes, and mentor others. You will join our small tight knit team of Software Engineers and have a major impact on our product direction and company culture. Some of your core responsibilities will include:
- Ownership: As a valued member of our team, you will be entrusted with the task of creating maintainable and scalable backend and data processing systems.
- Shaping Our Culture: You will play a key role in shaping our Engineering team's culture and success. As we expand, you will assist in recruiting and mentoring new Software Engineers.
- Collaboration: You will work closely with our Engineering and Product teams to design and implement end-to-end features.
- Drive Technology: Advocate for modern engineering best practices. Provide thoughtful, constructive code reviews and help teammates to grow tech-wise.
- Opportunities for Growth: Your role as a Software Engineer will encompass more than just typical development tasks. You will have the chance to expand your skill set and contribute to our planning, development, and deployment processes, and much more.
At Rely, we value personal and professional growth. We encourage you to take initiative, pursue your interests, and shape your role accordingly.
- 5+ years of experience building maintainable and scalable backends and data processing systems
- 3+ years of experience with cloud services (preferably AWS)
- Extensive knowledge of Python and Python ecosystem
- Fundamental knowledge of modern databases, storage and compute technologies
- Ability to design and implement streaming and batch data flows
- Clear communication and ability to explain technical choices
- Ability to use and maintain environments using Terraform, Serverless and Docker
- Strong knowledge of data algorithms, and development best practices
- Experience writing efficient SQL queries and optimizing database performance on a scale
- Interest in Site Reliability Engineering, observability, and monitoring
- Willingness to experiment, learn and adapt to new technologies and programming languages
- Strong skills working with Postgres, FastAPI, GraphQL and AWS Kinesis
- Ability to do data analysis with SQL, Pandas or similar
We build our products using top-grade cloud-native technologies and services available on the market.
Front-end: React, TanStack, TypeScript, Storybook, LaunchDarkly, Auth0
Back-end: GraphQL, REST API, Node.js, FastAPI, Postgres, Redis, TimescaleDB
Data Platform: Python, Pandas/Polars, Airflow, Dagster, Lambda, Athena, Kinesis, S3
Infrastructure and CI/CD: Docker, Terraform, Serverless framework, Gitlab
Reliability and Monitoring: Rely.io, Sentry, Checkly, CloudWatch, Grafana
- Ground floor opportunity to be an early member of a fast-growing venture-backed startup
- Paid travel to attend conferences & meet customers
- Competitive salary and company equity
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Parental leave and flexible time-off
- Remote first culture
- Home office setup to build your dream home office
- MacBook of choice
- Yearly team retreats
- Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Put in the subject name: “Senior Software Engineer / Tech Lead - Your name”
Our job titles may encompass various career levels, and the actual base pay for this position will be determined based on multiple factors including training, transferable skills, work experience, business requirements, and market conditions. Additionally, this role is eligible for equity and comprehensive benefits.