Senior Product Engineer (FE)
Rely’s goal is to empower cloud native companies to foster a positive culture of reliability and ownership, make informed decisions to enhance reliability, quality and performance, and ultimately achieve business-driven reliability.
We’re going to achieve this by enabling cloud native companies gain end-to-end visibility into the reliability and quality of their product and by charting the different steps and practices they need to adopt.
We’re remote-first and welcome candidates from anywhere in Europe! We have yearly off-sites where we fly the whole team out to a new location so we can meet in person, get to know each other better, kick off important projects, and have fun!
🤝 The team
Our team is a group of passionate individuals who share a common goal: to build a product that engineers love. We're committed to creating a workplace culture that's diverse, inclusive, and fosters collaboration and innovation.
Our investors include top-tier firms like J12 Ventures, Shilling Capital Partners, TechstarsNYC, and TheVentureCity, as well as notable angels from Google and Gremlin. We recently raised a Seed round, which you can read about in our announcement. We're dedicated to using their support to drive our mission forward and make a meaningful impact in the world of engineering.
We're driven by our vision to lead the industry with observability and reliability engineering best practices.
- Lead Product Engineering Initiatives: Spearhead the design, specification, and implementation of end-to-end product features. This will include being hands on and coding them yourself as well as provisioning the infrastructure.
- End-to-end Ownership throughout the SDLC: Take charge of the product architecture of entire feature sets, ensuring it’s robust, scalable and future-proof. You will need to build, ship, run and monitor software pre and post deployment (including internal enablement of your teammates to prevent siloed knowledge).
- Establish a Design System from scratch: Contribute to and implement Rely's design system to maintain product and enable our engineering team to move faster and scale efficiently through reusable, well-architected components.
- Mentorship: Elevate our engineering team by mentoring members and recruiting future stars. Champion the best practices in modern engineering to create a culture of engineering excellence.
- Shape our Culture: As we grow, we’ll rely on you to embed excellence not just in engineering, but across all facets of Rely.io.
🎓 Required qualifications
This role would be ideal for you if you…
- Are passionate about building a product that solves real problems and that engineers love to use
- Have a comprehensive understanding of fundamental design principles around designing responsive and user-friendly products.
- Use clear communication and ability to explain technical choices
- Have strong practical experience with web standards: HTML, CSS, React, Typescript, NodeJS.
- Possess in-depth knowledge of React, including hooks, context API, and performance optimization focused on superior user experience.
- Demonstrate strong expertise in creating scalable micro-frontends for complex applications, ensuring manageability and independent deployment.
- Show understanding of Single Page Applications (SPAs) and Progressive WebApps (PWAs) using modern frameworks with a focus on responsive design.
- Have practical understanding of Backend for Frontend (BFF) pattern and collaboration with backend teams to establish robust API standards.
- Are familiar cross-browser compatibility and performance optimization techniques.
⚡ Nice to haves
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Previous experience working in a high performing product engineering team
- Previous experience working at a startup with a fast delivery pace
- Understanding and consideration of crucial Web Metrics (ie. LCP, FID, CLS) and other relevant performance indicators to enforce observability and optimize frontend development strategies.
💻 Our tech stack
We build our products using top-grade cloud-native technologies and services available on the market.
- Cloud: AWS
- Front-end: React, TanStack, TypeScript, Storybook, LaunchDarkly, Auth0
- Back-end: GraphQL, REST API, Node.js, FastAPI, Postgres, Redis, TimescaleDB
- Data Platform: Python, Pandas/Polars, Airflow, Dagster, Lambda, Athena, Kinesis, S3
- Infrastructure and CI/CD: Docker, Terraform, Serverless framework, Gitlab
- Reliability and Monitoring: Rely.io, Sentry, Checkly, CloudWatch, Grafana
🏖️ Perks & benefits
- Ground floor opportunity to be an early member of a fast-growing venture-backed startup
- Paid travel to attend conferences & meet customers
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Parental leave and flexible time-off
- Remote first culture
- Home office setup to build your dream home office
- MacBook of choice
- Yearly team retreats
💼 How To Apply
- Send your resume and your Gitlab profile (link) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Use the subject name: “Senior Product Engineer at Rely.io - Your name”
Our job titles may encompass various career levels, and the actual base pay for this position will be determined based on multiple factors including training, transferable skills, work experience, business requirements, and market conditions. Additionally, this role is eligible for equity and comprehensive benefits.