Assembler - Electronic/Electro-Mechanical
Electro-Mechanical Assembler Job Description
Safe Flight, a leader in aviation safety and flight performance systems, was founded in 1946. The company pioneered the development of Stall Warning and Angle of Attack, Automatic Throttle Systems, Wind Shear Warning, and many other innovations in aircraft instrumentation, flight performance, and control systems for fixed and rotary winged aircraft. With product installed on over two-thirds of the world’s aircraft, Safe Flight counts among its customers the majority of the world’s aircraft manufacturers, more than 50 airlines, hundreds of operators of corporate jet aircraft and U.S. and International Armed Services.
Safe Flight’s benefits include employer-funded health care, on-site lunch program, 401K contribution, Wellness and Education Reimbursement, paid-time off and sick time, and various other programs.
- Establish a working partnership and a positive relationship with suppliers.
- Perform assembly tasks according to established procedures and engineering drawings. Utilize small hand tools, such as soldering irons, wire strippers, crimpers, etc., to assemble components accurately.
- Create wire harnesses by routing and securing wires, cables, and connectors following specific guidelines and wiring diagrams.
- Skillfully strip wire insulation to the required length while maintaining precision and quality standards.
- Use appropriate crimping tools to secure connectors, terminals, and contacts onto wires, ensuring reliable electrical connections.
- Assemble electronic components onto printed circuit boards (PCBs) using industry-standard techniques and following assembly instructions.
- Demonstrate excellent soldering skills by accurately soldering components onto PCBs, wires, or other electronic parts. Ensure solder joints are of high quality and meet the required specifications.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent soldering skills with the ability to handle small hand tools effectively. Proficient in reading and interpreting engineering drawings, wiring diagrams, and assembly instructions.
- Demonstrates fine eye/hand coordination and meticulous attention to detail, ensuring precision and accuracy in assembly tasks.
- Strong commitment to producing high-quality workmanship and adherence to quality specifications.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
- Proven experience in electronic and electro-mechanical assembly, with a strong focus on soldering, wire harnessing, wire stripping, crimping, and PCB assembly.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Opportunities Employer
Safe Flight provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.